Arun

Dec 16, 2012
Waterloo
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06
After a long layoff I feel the need for speed again. I had an old LS2 block collecting dust. So we blew off the dust and decided to put it back together!
This is the block I ran 8.8@160 back in 2011 setting the record for the quickest and fastest supercharged C5.

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 24
Will be watching with interest.

I too wonder if you had any luck with your stolen car. Seems incredible that things can just disappear. Hopefully you received proper compensation for it. Had to have been a downer.

8.80s might do a lot of damage to everything back of the engine. What do you do for parts to keep the rest of the drivetrain together? Ours is a 2005 which apparently doesn't have the strongest differential and when it lets go, it apparently takes the back of the transmission with it. Ouch. I know 8.8's is all race car. How much power can a person put down reliably with mostly stock drivetrain?

8.80s might do a lot of damage to everything back of the engine. What do you do for parts to keep the rest of the drivetrain together? Ours is a 2005 which apparently doesn't have the strongest differential and when it lets go, it apparently takes the back of the transmission with it. Ouch. I know 8.8's is all race car. How much power can a person put down reliably with mostly stock drivetrain?

Thanks for all the kind words guys-it's been a rough few years-the same time my car was stolen-my father had a massive heart attack and my marriage was falling apart-it was a lot to swallow all at once.

I decided to lay low for awhile-I was pretty upset-didn't want anything to do with a car. As far as compensation-well I bought my car brand new back in 02 and had probably the same if not more into it-I stopped counting a long time ago. It was more than just money-I put everything I had into that car and I shared everything I learned with that car with everyone. A lot of people said it couldn't be done-but I proved them wrong-and now plenty of cars have run 8's following my blueprint.

Mine was a full street car,fully loaded with AC to ABS-drove it as far as Muncie Indiana and back. It had a stock diff with HD left and right shafts, stock axles-just had a brace. Trick was the tune-I would pull power down low then bring it back in up top-if you watch any of video's you could see it was lazy out of the hole-but it worked!

I'm not into a Vette again just yet-but soon. This little motor I am building is going into a car I'm building for True Street and King of the Street events.

Reactions: Mosport
Some more pics.

Block and main caps pinned-this prevents the main caps from walking under stress. Fitted with ARP studs.

Ready for a hone with BHJ torque plate simulates a cylinder head-it's torqued down using ARP head studs-same studs and torque that will bolt the heads down. This simulates the same distortion the block will see once the heads are on and provides a good gasket seal.

A very stout engine design to take that kind of punishment and streetable too is a BIG plus. :) Gotta love that. Lots of cars make big horsepower but you wouldn't be happy driving one day in and out, especially in city traffic. I see cars come into cruise nights, gas smell so bad that it burns your eyes, coughing, sputtering and hardly able to run. It doesn't matter how far the carbs and 671 blower sticks out of the hood, I am not impressed. They can be tuned to run properly but most don't seem to know how.
The races weren't even close on the top end and Arun's car sure had a mean sound when on full boost. Most LS engines don't seem to make real good tunes until about 2500-3000 rpm. From then on even the stock ones make sweet music.

Last edited:
arun, can you tell us a bit about the car it's going in ?

It's going to make a few of you cry-but it has one of the best chassis's for drag racing and when you combine it with a one of the greatest engines ever-you have a winner!

I had that exact car back in 95-with a Paxton SN95 blower as well-they used to Sponser my 91 Mustang back in the day.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.