Oct 20, 2013
Fort McMurray, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
Had a day off and parts sitting in my garage so I decided to have some fun NYE day!

Installed a Weapon X front splitter, Z06 grille, and I lowered the car all the way on the stock bolts. The entire process took about 5 hours with no major hold-ups. Couple tricky parts, but nothing I couldn't work through.

These mods really changed the look of the car for the better. Looks incredible and I can't wait for the spring. Sorry the pictures aren't better quality, but I only had a poorly lit garage to work with! I live in northern Canada so we have about 3 hours of day light and the car can't leave the garage!

Side skirts were installed previously and are from Lashaway. The last pic is just a bonus I got from a photoshoot this fall.

W55cSOK.jpg

U9AUz84.jpg

r5Gyf9F.jpg

y57a9J5.jpg

3Ut7N3X.jpg

Looks meaner...lowered with ground effects!
No snow, roads clean...plenty of daylight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a day off and parts sitting in my garage so I decided to have some fun NYE day!

Installed a Weapon X front splitter, Z06 grille, and I lowered the car all the way on the stock bolts. The entire process took about 5 hours with no major hold-ups. Couple tricky parts, but nothing I couldn't work through.

These mods really changed the look of the car for the better. Looks incredible and I can't wait for the spring. Sorry the pictures aren't better quality, but I only had a poorly lit garage to work with! I live in northern Canada so we have about 3 hours of day light and the car can't leave the garage!

Side skirts were installed previously and are from Lashaway. The last pic is just a bonus I got from a photoshoot this fall.

W55cSOK.jpg

U9AUz84.jpg

r5Gyf9F.jpg

y57a9J5.jpg

3Ut7N3X.jpg

Looks awesome. How did the z06 grill install go? Another forum member had some challenges with this.

Looks awesome. How did the z06 grill install go? Another forum member had some challenges with this.

Went really well actually. The front bumper came off no problem. The pull tab on the side markers annoyed me for a bit. I really had to pull on that sucker! And the biggest hang-up was removing the actual grille from the bumper. I was afraid of damaging it so I wasn't pulling as hard as I needed and it wasn't budging off the clips even though they were pushed in. Using these plastic trim tools I eventually got it pried off using more force.

Most people seem to have issues with these clips near the headlights or something? I never had any issues like that at all so I'm not sure what they were referring to. Mine slid right out of he headlight slots.

Took about 2.5 hours going by myself at a pretty relaxed pace. I'm 24 with a decent amount of experience pulling off body panels from fixing up my older cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.