Featured Thread
Personally I just can't bring myself to wash my car without a full soap soaking and rinse to get the dirt off before I touch it with a wash cloth. I have all the wash toys in my shop to be able to do this, including a floor drain. On the road on multi day runs, I have no worries about using a wand wash but I follow the same procedure. JMO
Rruuff day, I'm wondering about that as well. I actually ran a low pressure rinse before I used an application sponge as the product stated. I'd like to know from someone with experience if it's reasonable to simply grab a sponge and gingerly apply and remove this no rinse product to a filthy car....

Well, it seems like a good opportunity to establish a Dirty Rear End competition or maybe we can create a National Dirty Vette Day. Now see what you started Jack!
MyDirtyVette Feb 2021.jpg

With all cars before the C8 I used Zaino car wash and Zaino polishes. Apply soap and using washed and dried with white edgeless cotton towels. I got lazy near the end of my Camaro days and started using a touchless car wash. I tried the touchless once with the C8 and won't ever again. The soap stained the outside of the rear (firewall) window. What a pain to clean that.
Now the C8 is ceramic coated and it cleans easier, though I've only needed to wash it once myself before winter. The ass end is a pain with all the vents and such. Even with a pressure washer.

Rruuff day, I'm wondering about that as well. I actually ran a low pressure rinse before I used an application sponge as the product stated. I'd like to know from someone with experience if it's reasonable to simply grab a sponge and gingerly apply and remove this no rinse product to a filthy car....
The very large percentage of guys and girls here are somewhat purists when it comes to their Corvettes. I really doubt any of them (even if they ever did) would even admit to grabbing a sponge, a bucket of soapy water and rubbing a filthy Corvette without rinsing the dirt off first but ya never know. Personally, I have way too much respect for my car and the finish to even think about doing that. JMO

People where worried about the mid engine design producing understeer. It does with significant accumulation. It behaves like a front wheel drive. Great in a straight line, a little sketchy in the corners. Think I might go old school and throw some sand bags in the (front) trunk lol...

Last edited:
I hear ya; understeer makes me very uncomfortable. Managing oversteer in the C7 on snow covered roads brings some joy to the experience and I am confident with the reactions. The wide tires and rear biased weight distribution are the culprits. Are you running Michelin Alpin PA4 or the Sport AS3?

This is the 2nd year with the Alpin PA4's on my C7; excellent traction on snow but the rubber is very soft and typical aggressive starts on pavement beats them up. I am guessing 3 sets of rear tires to a set of fronts in terms of wear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread