Aug 3, 2013
Saint John N.B.
VetteCoins
Car
2013 427 Convertible
Just wandering how you are suppose to open the door on a C6 if the battery dies ? I dont see no place for a key to go. There is a green knob connected to the battery in my wifes 08 C6 that when you turn it it disconnects the power to the battery. Well today it turned by itself and she couldnt get the door opened, she didnt know about the pull lever on the floor, so she took the sunroof out and climbed out of the car. In order for me to open the hood i had to climb back into the car throught the sunroof. which is why im wondering how you open the door if there is no power. Thanks :confused:

Use the key in the cylinder above the license plate to open the hatch
then use the door release tab located on the carpet inside the trunk on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Pull the tab to unlock and unlatch the driver’s door.

Reactions: Bowling
When I first got my z06 I left both key fobs in car, it sat for 3 weeks and battery was dead! No way to get in car. So I hooked battery charger up to the starter under car and got a trickle charge enough to open a door! Luckily car was on my lift so was easier to get at the starter. Won't leave key fobs in car again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Too bad someone didn't have a camera to get a picture of you going through your roof to get in your car! :D

Glad it's all figured out now! I'm sure crawling through the roof wasn't fun........but still would have made for a good picture!:D:D:D

I personally carry a spare key in my wallet so I can open the hatch, and get the driver door open with the door pull in the hatch area.
It's a thin Saturn key blank B106 or the other that will work can be had at CTC
It's key blank Axxess + 28
It's good just in case the FOB gets locked in the car (in the golf bag) . Ask me how I know.
I actually called OnStar to get the door open in that case, but I had the key as a back up.
2 minutes from the time I placed the call to OnStar, the door was opened magically :D

GM had better have Onstar more than well protected or it is a matter of time until some hacker starts wreaking havoc. These guys do like a challenge and there are some pretty smart ones out there. If they can get into the Pentagon, I don't imagine Onstar can keep them out. My wife and i each carry a fob and key.

Just wandering how you are suppose to open the door on a C6 if the battery dies ? I dont see no place for a key to go. There is a green knob connected to the battery in my wifes 08 C6 that when you turn it it disconnects the power to the battery. Well today it turned by itself and she couldnt get the door opened, she didnt know about the pull lever on the floor, so she took the sunroof out and climbed out of the car. In order for me to open the hood i had to climb back into the car throught the sunroof. which is why im wondering how you open the door if there is no power. Thanks :confused:

Paul tell Cathy there is a lever at the bottom of each door that will mechanically open the door(s) in case of an emergency.
It's right down at the floor by the door sill. It'll be in both vettes -- give it a try just in case you need it next time.

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.