I'm not.
When I was born there were only B&W TV's and rotary phones.
However, the only reason for buying a Corvette was because it became mid engine.

I'm 71 and got my first used 66 Vette at 35 because it was all I could afford at the time. I've had a few more used ones since then but bought a new 92 Z07 car in late 91 and now have a 2011 ZR1. The reason most Vette owners like myself look like the Gerotol generation is because we worked our tails off and our priorities have changed. No mortgage, no kids and no debt. If you play your cards right you might be lucky and see your 70's. But I'm guessing your'e still working? Sucks to be you! :Cheers2:

My father worked for Phillips early in his career and brought home an experimental colour tv. It didn't have a case.
I remember being the first person I knew with a colour tv. Back then we didn't even get to see the first period of hockey. We had to watch the "Juliet Show" and the game was joined in progress at 9pm. Games started at 8:00 back then.

My father worked for Phillips early in his career and brought home an experimental colour tv. It didn't have a case.
I remember being the first person I knew with a colour tv. Back then we didn't even get to see the first period of hockey. We had to watch the "Juliet Show" and the game was joined in progress at 9pm. Games started at 8:00 back then.
I don’t recall if the first tv I saw was black and white or colour. It was a “ console “ type with the tv in the middle and a turntable on one side and an AM radio on the other. Colour tv broadcasts began in Canada in 1966 although probably not very common to have a set then due to the high cost of them . The “ Juliet Show “ was definitely before my time although it does ring a bell for some reason perhaps hearing my parents talk about it. The first program I recall being aware of was Ed Sullivan which ran from 1948 to 1971 .

IMG_2481.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: Vettenut
I don’t recall if the first tv I saw was black and white or colour. It was a “ console “ type with the tv in the middle and a turntable on one side and an AM radio on the other. Colour tv broadcasts began in Canada in 1966 although probably not very common to have a set then due to the high cost of them . The “ Juliet Show “ was definitely before my time although it does ring a bell for some reason perhaps hearing my parents talk about it. The first program I recall being aware of was Ed Sullivan which ran from 1948 to 1971 .

View attachment 123888
That was almost exactly like our 2nd or 3rd colour tv. We played Magnavox Odyssey Pong on it. Add a static overlay and it became hockey! LOL
My Dad was a techno junky. Him and my Mom opening the game at Christmas. Early 70's
1715102134343.png

• Love
Reactions: 1st Vette
That was almost exactly like our 2nd or 3rd colour tv. We played Magnavox Odyssey Pong on it. Add a static overlay and it became hockey! LOL
My Dad was a techno junky. Him and my Mom opening the game at Christmas. Early 70's
View attachment 123890

Repost lol...

I'm wondering if the stereotype is true.... Are all you guys retirees who fart dust? Or are there some spring chickens here?

I'm 36 and wonder if there's anyone younger than me here. I get the sense most c8 owners are in their 60s

Hmmm so many hung up on age ..... I regularly talk to Dan ... my sales guy who sold me the C8 ... he's told me they have sold several to women ....

Now just for fun .. If you ever run into one lets say at a gas station .... ask her, her age .... and if your really feeling strong ... ask her if she farts dust

May I suggest you wear a cup ....

Kicked In The Balls High-Res Vector Graphic - Getty Images

I am 72 now, purchased a C8 new in 2022. A birthday gift, a retirement present and Christmas present..............all in one. And also scratch one off the bucket list (only two more to go on the list).
And since we are into foot wear also.............Sketchers Slip-Ins............no point in stooping for laces

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 0