My car left by truck from Bowling Green yesterday on route to Windsor ON. Anybody know how long this usually takes to arrive in Windsor and to clear customs?

Time line if I recall correctly
- made on 06/12/2014
- went to in transit on 06/16/2014
- arrived at the dealer 06/26/2014, Gateway in Brampton

I had the OnStar activated while in transit from BG. All I could tell was when it had been started and moved, but not where. The car was only started twice while in transit, so I would assume unloading in Windsor and loading.
- arrived in Windsor 06/19/2014 ( first start )
- 06/25/2014 loaded in Windsor for transport ( second start )

That was a long time in Windsor, I think it has a lot to do with trailer availability ( not sure it can go on any ), and organizing deliveries.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
My car was completed on a Saturday and I picked it up on the following Friday. I am in Ontario. It may have went by rail to Windsor and then went by truck to Toronto.

I think it was atypical. However C7drivers car came in the same time frame to another dealer. They were likely shipped together.

My car was completed on a Saturday and I picked it up on the following Friday. I am in Ontario. It may have went by rail to Windsor and then went by truck to Toronto.

I think it was atypical. However C7drivers car came in the same time frame to another dealer. They were likely shipped together.

Canadian cars do not go by rail to Windsor, they go by truck. Usually, they leave BG, and arrive in Windsor the following day. Time in Windsor is variable, usually 3-4 business days, then they get embarked for the dealer. If we are talking southern Ontario, they arrive at the dealer the same day or day after they leave Windsor, usually. GM doesn't like leaving truck loads of Corvettes floating around... ;-)

I find that when the Gm Global Connect website gets an update that the vehicle has left BG on the transport, it has actually arrived at the Windsor border. It could be b/c The transporter scans the cargo upon arrival at Windsor.

For my C7 orders once I have the VIN I send an email to the transporter in a couple of days and am able to get a more accurate status and estimated delivery date. I don't know if it pushes them to rush the transport or not but since I've been doing this the vehicles haven't been spending 4-5 days at Windsor. Now they move within 1-2 business days. SmackYYZ's vehicle was at Windsor for way too long so I decided to take matters in my own hands for future C7's.

They never went on rail, trucked to Windsor, off loaded and the trucked up the 401. Mine was built on the Monday, in Toronto on Thursday. Not typical though. I was told it would be quick and they hoped to have it to me before the long weekend (August Civic Holiday) and that they did :driving:

Well worth the short wait, 2500 miles later it sure is fun....

ry%3D480

I wonder if they could make a C6 mod to have a flat glass hatch. Might make for a nice mod.......sorry to hijack--but that's such a nice part of the C7 I find.

Great looking car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.