Although the NPP exhaust is included in the z51 the package as a whole is up about $1,000, but you save a little on the exhaust, and the PDR is part of the nav, about $2,200. The base car, inclusive of the z51, nav.pdr is up around $3,000 over the 2014, however the 2014 did not have the pdr. Hard to compare apples to apples, but close enough regardless.

You are not being ripped off by GM in any way. Pricing on the car is negotiated between you and your dealer, simple.

You are absolutely right. I have only invested $1000.00. If the dealer or GM decides the order is not priced correctly and they must charge me more than I have signed up for, the most I can lose is $1000.00 There is no requirement I accept any price other than that to which I have agreed. At this point GM does not know I exist. My order remains preliminary at code 1100.GM is guaranteed the sale if I balk at any price increase.

Sorry Jamali didn't mean to offend anyone, but one must admit after over 2 months since US pricing was released and still nothing for Canada, that is pretty lame.
I have 3 speculations all changed from any from my previous ones.

Base 1YZ to start at $90,495.00 ouch on this guess...
Allocation into Canada 173 of Z06's
Pricing out next week................

I guess....

$83900 base
28 initial allocations (already accounted for)
A second allocation dependent completely on unallocated US orders that will be late delivery orders. (We get leftovers).

Something that really confuses me in all of this is that the initial allocation was given to Canada before the US, as small as it was. I haven't got the history that some of you have but believe this might be a bit unusual and may be an indicator that there was originally a very small allocation planned.

took this from another thread

Just for info its MSRP in June of '94 was $47414! -- Not cheap but even more astonishing was that the ZR-1 performance option was another $30k on top of that!

$77,000 for a 90's ZR1 - 375 hp.

20 years later a new 650 hp Z06 could start at $85-90k. The dollar has dropped and GM is maybe being safe on the high dollar Z06 but it still is is a stupid bargain and people here get too worked up on pricing possibly fluctuating a bit.

Yes, the exchange rates from 1991-93 ranged from $1.14-1.29 to about $1.12 now ( 1.15 at the bank to buy )

With 20 years of inflation the new super powerful Z06 should be priced at $110-140k for what you get, twice the power and probably an amazing car.

The C6 Z06 started in the 90k range CND and this car is way more car

The price of a home has doubled or tripled since the early 1990's ... the C7 Z06..... the performance has doubled from the Gen 1 90's ZR1 and the price maybe $10-20,000 more.........

$90k base is cheap for this car....

Brian

Last edited:
2009CGMZR1 - I have to disagree, not that Z06 is bad price US side, vehicles in general have gotten better, more options, more technology and prices have stabilized or gone down in the last 15 years in some cases. I have on order a 2015 2LT, A8, PDR, premium paint color, chrome rims, mag ride Z51 optioned car and it is about $1,500.00 cheaper then my factory ordered 2003 -50th Anniversary Red coupe was back in 2003. Just add up all the improvements since 2003. For the price today it's bargain compared to 2003. I have the option to upgrade to a Z06 as long as it's before the car hits a status point of no return.
The difference between a base Z51 coupe in the US and Canada is 6.1% and I feel (and that is just me) that the up charge for the Z06 should be more in line percentage wise with that to remain consistent between Canada & the US. Others obviously feel the same as some are predicting the Z06 will come in around $83,000.00 Canadian, which is right in line with a 6.1% difference. I really hope they are right.
I know the exchange is 15% at the bank to buy. Margins are far tighter for Canadian dealers now then in the past on Corvettes. So hence why the difference is a closer in price then in the past when the dollar was crappy. GM is keeping some of the exchange cost down by keeping the Canadian margins tighter. That would be why dealers here or GM don't offer discounts or certain program discounts available only to US buyers. If the Z06 really comes in 12 to 16 % higher watch out for regular Stingray pricing to take a jump soon. Crossing fingers Z06 price is released this week or next week the latest.

I have on order a 2015 2LT, A8, PDR, premium paint color, chrome rims, mag ride Z51 optioned car and it is about $1,500.00 cheaper then my factory ordered 2003 -50th Anniversary Red coupe was back in 2003. Just add up all the improvements since 2003. For the price today it's bargain compared to 2003.

The canadian dollar was at about 1.54-55 or so in 2002. I remember paying 1.62 on my Visa for purchases. Your car would have been way more due to the poor dollar.

I am guessing a Camaro Z28 or Mustang GT in the late 1980's was about $16-19k new. I bought a new 86 for $15,800 and now I would be paying mid 40's for the same car.

Now the mustang GT and camaro SS are mid 40's? >>> 2-3 times more. The new Z06 at 90k is only about 20% more then a early 1990's ZR1

The new Z06 s a bargain under 100k Canadian.

Not trying to argue here.... just saying that the pricing looks great.. even if it does jump a bit. It looks like the dollar dropped 6cents each year in the early 1990's - guessing car prices went up.

I remember GM and Ford priced trucks lower and absorbed some of the exchange in the early 2000's I think when the dollar was 1.5x..... but maybe GM is holding off on Z06 pricing in case the dollar goes down more.

Yes the car was stupidly priced in 2003, here I am some 12 years later ordering a way better car and paying less and making more money then I did back then. Not complaining about it at all. Even in 03 taking the dollar exchange into consideration, it was cheaper then buying one in the US and paying the rate of exchange back then. List before options was $69,345 plus back then. Add a couple of options and the true 50th package and total was $77,305.00 plus $1050.00 for shipping for a final MSRP of $78,355.00
In my opinion the 2015 Stingray is bargain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.