Jul 26, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2005 C6
Hi Everyone !

My driver information center displays * 88% oil life remaining * . Last oil change was 20 months ago. I only drove the C6 for aprox. 2000 Mi since then. So if I keep up this schedule, my next oil change will be in about 10 years according my computer. Obviously it doesn't take time into the equation. Just wondering - how does the DIC computer calculate oil life remaining?

Hi Everyone !

My driver information center displays * 88% oil life remaining * . Last oil change was 20 months ago. I only drove the C6 for aprox. 2000 Mi since then. So if I keep up this schedule, my next oil change will be in about 10 years according my computer. Obviously it doesn't take time into the equation. Just wondering - how does the DIC computer calculate oil life remaining?

The C6 oil monitoring system is based on driving and not time sensitive. The C7 is. i park my C7 in the fall with a new oil change and reading in the high 90's percentage life remaining. When I take it out in the spring, it's usually reading in the 40's range. I reset and drive the summer, only changing in the fall after accumulating around 4000 km. 20 months without a change is a long time as although not nearly as fast as conventional oil, even synthetic oil breaks down after a while. Your's needs a change.

You need an oil change, very cheap insurance and peace of mind, you can even do at home if you so desire as the C6 is very easy to work on. I don't know if you have done the coolant change or how longed you have owned the car but that is easy to do at home too.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
With these cars parked so much I also recommend changing tranny fluid (not a flush) and diff fluid every couple of years as well. Condensation can build up.

But now I have completely de-railed this thread. 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.