Feb 11, 2010
London, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 z06
Just so effortless to get the car doing non-legal speeds.

I had the windows down today cruising down a 80km/hr road... glanced at the hud and I was doing more than that... scary thing was I thought I was doing 90.

I don't condone speeding at all.. this was completely accidental.

How do you guys keep under the speed limit?

I feel like I'm driving a Toyota with unintended acceleration.

Keep it in first.:D

I think I am able to stay under the limit as:

A: My car is mostly stock
B: I drive slow all the time
C:Shut-up Fender

If I had a car built like yours, I couldn't promise the same thing.

For me its a state of mind... I love going slow in a fast car LOL...
:agree:
Its so funny cause I totally agree I drive slower in my Vette than I do in normal cars! I feel like my car has nothing to prove, everyone knows what its capable of. I find its the guys in the Neon's that drive like jackasses cause they want people to think there car is fast!

I cant tell you how many times a car like that has pulled up beside me revved up and taken off only to embarrass themselves when they realize I am not racing them!

Dont get me wrong I wish SASK. had a track we could race these bad boys on! I would love to go all out and see what they can do, but we have nothing except a straight 1/4 mile. and that doesnt interest me at all.

Any one want to get together, buy some land and pour a track?!?!?! That would be a dream of mine.
Brent

Riley drives like an old man with his hands at 10 and 2. If I'm in front of him and I'm going faster than 40 km/h, I lose him. I'm not even kidding.

You know, that's because the speed through the school zones is 30km/h...child hater.

:agree:
Its so funny cause I totally agree I drive slower in my Vette than I do in normal cars! I feel like my car has nothing to prove, everyone knows what its capable of. I find its the guys in the Neon's that drive like jackasses cause they want people to think there car is fast!

I cant tell you how many times a car like that has pulled up beside me revved up and taken off only to embarrass themselves when they realize I am not racing them!

Dont get me wrong I wish SASK. had a track we could race these bad boys on! I would love to go all out and see what they can do, but we have nothing except a straight 1/4 mile. and that doesnt interest me at all.

Any one want to get together, buy some land and pour a track?!?!?! That would be a dream of mine.
Brent

We should do a trip to the Three Flags cart track when the Regina Corvette Club goes there. Then you can go as fast as you want and turn some corners too. I've heard that if you take your car out to the track and get the "need for speed" over with, you are less likely to do this on the streets. I do not know if that is true or not.

Like some of the others have said.
I drive the vette slower than my DD's.

SOMETIMES.:D

At least in the Vette you feel the speed and the bumps.
I like the fact that when you want to use the power you have it there.
My wife is always amazed at how many people actually want to race you in the Vette.
It's fun just laugh at them and let them speed off.:canada:

Get a few big $$ tickets and points and that accelerator goes down a little less easier.
Seen it, done it, finished.

Could not say it any better! I got over the aggressive driving habit when I was 20 with no licence and very high insurance! Try leaving the E brake on LOL kidding,it is all self control.

Like some of the others have said.
I drive the vette slower than my DD's.

SOMETIMES.:D

At least in the Vette you feel the speed and the bumps.
I like the fact that when you want to use the power you have it there.
My wife is always amazed at how many people actually want to race you in the Vette.
It's fun just laugh at them and let them speed off.:canada:

I think my troubles were just associated with just being a new vette owner and not being used to the cars feel at certain rpm/speeds.

I'm finding a few things...

1) People love to tailgate vettes.... especially big trucks and honda civic ricers. V6 mustangs with young drivers are up there as well. At lights they love to ride your butt ... makes me want to turn TC off and send sand/dirt/rubber all over their car.

2) Cops are your friends. I had a cop pull up beside me two days ago. He gave me the wave! :D

3) Whenever I drive the car I feel like king of the world. Any stress just melts away into the rumble for the exhaust and the whine of the s/c...

I hope the rain holds off a bit this weekend.

You almost need a bumper sticker on the Vette that says, "If you can read this, you better have good brakes or even better insurance!":rofl:

Always wanted to put a Tiger Shark rear on my Vette without having to pay for it.:D

Hey saskatoon boys you are in luck . Last time i checked there is a road race group in town that races out at saskplace a couple times during the summer . They where at the draggins car show the last couple of years so maybe they are there this year and you can find out more about there club and what they are all about .

You could pull up on the e-brake!!! :rofl:

:agree: I also drive slower when in the vette..slower meaning at the speed limit. The RCM police always want to flash their lights at me, even when I'm doing the speed limit..ummmmm maybe it's true...Velocity Yellow is the fastest colour :D

The RCM police always want to flash their lights at me, even when I'm doing the speed limit..ummmmm maybe it's true...Velocity Yellow is the fastest colour :D

Too funny. I've gotten the "slow down" hand motion while driving past speed traps - even though I'm doing under the limit :rofl:
I guess our cars really do look like they're going faster than they are.
A throaty exhaust helps too :D

And no, Black is the fastest colour - faster than the speed of dark.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.