Was talking to a nice sergeant while getting gas one day last fall - he liked the car, etc - but said some of the guys out of his station have a real vendetta/hate against "louder" cars and would pull them over to look for anything to nail them with. We then talked about noise bylaws and if the cops have the equipment handy to check noise levels and more importantly how to use it. He said "No, they don't need it, if they decide it's loud, it is, and will write it up". Nice :confused:

If it has a stamp that deems it street legal, I'm sure that would be pretty easy to fight in court. At least I hope it would be easy.

I've got B&B PRT's and the original documents say they should be fine at meeting noise bylaw specs.

But the kicker is, if the cop decides you're guilty, then you are, and you have to fight it out in court to prove your innocence. :swear:

here's the kicker... every biker running straight pipes on a Harley seems to be exempt from everything we're talking about... why? cause chances are if they went fast, the oil leaks would sprout even worse and land on the back tire while riding i bet...

:canada:
here's the kicker... every biker running straight pipes on a Harley seems to be exempt from everything we're talking about... why? cause chances are if they went fast, the oil leaks would sprout even worse and land on the back tire while riding i bet...

Hey Hey be careful now.:D
The older Shove Heads and earlier Harley's I would agree. They almost went out of business in the eighties and deserved to do so.

I have owned 5 new Harley's since 1994 and not one of them leaked a drop of oil.
Actually had mine last one checked by the N.Y. Cops with a decibel meter in Lake George.NY.
Just passed and got a Stearn warning.:canada:

I'm just having a little fun with the oil comment Mark :). But... Seriously... There are 15 Harleys with straight pipes for every 1 car I've heard that would be even CLOSE to being as loud.
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.