Jun 30, 2013
Halton hills
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
ON
Has anyone had this warning come up on the dashboard read out?
Engine hot
Air condition off
I also noticed that the coolant temperature gauge was at 0.
I stopped to check the coolant and it looked fine.
I was only 5 mins to work so I drove there with no change.
After working 10 hrs. I returns to my C6 and checked again coolant level looked fine. So I started the car to my surprise the same readout was still on. But of course the engine was not hot. So I felt like I could Drive most of the way home. After 2-3 mins of driving the dash light went out and the temp. gauge went to a wrapping 72*C
If any one has gone through this.... please reply and

Has anyone had this warning come up on the dashboard read out?
Engine hot
Air condition off
I also noticed that the coolant temperature gauge was at 0.
I stopped to check the coolant and it looked fine.
I was only 5 mins to work so I drove there with no change.
After working 10 hrs. I returns to my C6 and checked again coolant level looked fine. So I started the car to my surprise the same readout was still on. But of course the engine was not hot. So I felt like I could Drive most of the way home. After 2-3 mins of driving the dash light went out and the temp. gauge went to a wrapping 72*C
If any one has gone through this.... please reply and
Always apply the "KISS" technique. Look at the small stuff first before the big stuff. The other possibility would be the water pump conked out. You problem sounds more like what The Boss says - a sensor gone crappy for some reason. Clean the wires or check/change the sensor before going any further

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I know this is an older thread but i had the exact problem a couple days ago, same read out and gauge dropped to bottom, next morning it came back on when i started the engine (cold) so disconnected the battery for 5 mins the restarted engine and message was not there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.