Nov 13, 2009
Simcoe On
VetteCoins
Car
2008 4LT convert
this is a new one .... getting dash message: Hot Engine Air Cond shutdown, temp gauge sitting on the bottom, both fans running, engine coolant level is right up, no check engine light, motor doesn't seem overly hot .... anyone had this?

Last edited:
I think if the pcm doesnt have temperature reading, it may start the fans in case of overheating, you still have to check for codes, a pending code might not light up the check engine light. Many GM product will not stop the fans until no more temperature related codes are still in the pcm memory. Good luck and post the results. You might try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

I think if the pcm doesnt have temperature reading, it may start the fans in case of overheating, you still have to check for codes, a pending code might not light up the check engine light. Many GM product will not stop the fans until no more temperature related codes are still in the pcm memory. Good luck and post the results. You might try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Looks like that is what happened, i disconnected the battery for 5 mins then restarted the car and took it for a 20 minute drive, all seems good so far, thanks for the suggestion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.