Was planning to leave the Hooker comments alone, but was crossing the border back into Canada the other day, the agent asked me if I had anything in the car, and I thought "just a couple of Hookers." Bad.

Almost 2 week update, about 500kms now. Went for a great drive today from Vancouver to Squamish and back up the Sea to Sky highway, listening to the exhaust the whole way with a big grin on my face. It still has the resonance at 2000 RPM when cold, but it seems to be reducing, and once warmed up it's effectively gone. On the highway at cruise it's very civil, with a nice low tone in the background that is no louder than the road noise, just distinct. When reving up more aggressively, it has a nice growl with minimal bark. Idle has really toned down and I don't feel like it will bother my neighbours, and the echo in my car port isn't too bad.

Wayne, I tried some different RPM ranges at speed, around 1500, 2000, and 2500 RPM, cruising steady then rolling into the throttle to approximate torque converter load up on an automatic. At 60-80 KM cruise is decent, light roll on is good, heavier roll on gives a deeper sound that I don't find to be drone but others might. 90-110 cruise on the highway, road noise is higher and rolling into the throttle seems quieter than the lower speeds as the road noise masks it more. Today on the Vancouver to Squamish run which it twisty mountain highway, same results as above with the tone getting a bit deeper going up hill, then almost silent going downhill, just some quiet gurgles. Note that it does gurge and pop at lower RPM on the downrev, though I wouldn't call it pop, just gurgle. When going down hill at 90-100 KMs I could hear the gurgles but they were soft. At city speed on the decel from 60 to about 35 KMs it makes a decel sound then gurgles below that. Are you still running stock mid pipe with your headers? The mid pipe is supposed to be what causes the gurgles.

Was planning to leave the Hooker comments alone, but was crossing the border back into Canada the other day, the agent asked me if I had anything in the car, and I thought "just a couple of Hookers." Bad.

Almost 2 week update, about 500kms now. Went for a great drive today from Vancouver to Squamish and back up the Sea to Sky highway, listening to the exhaust the whole way with a big grin on my face. It still has the resonance at 2000 RPM when cold, but it seems to be reducing, and once warmed up it's effectively gone. On the highway at cruise it's very civil, with a nice low tone in the background that is no louder than the road noise, just distinct. When reving up more aggressively, it has a nice growl with minimal bark. Idle has really toned down and I don't feel like it will bother my neighbours, and the echo in my car port isn't too bad.

Wayne, I tried some different RPM ranges at speed, around 1500, 2000, and 2500 RPM, cruising steady then rolling into the throttle to approximate torque converter load up on an automatic. At 60-80 KM cruise is decent, light roll on is good, heavier roll on gives a deeper sound that I don't find to be drone but others might. 90-110 cruise on the highway, road noise is higher and rolling into the throttle seems quieter than the lower speeds as the road noise masks it more. Today on the Vancouver to Squamish run which it twisty mountain highway, same results as above with the tone getting a bit deeper going up hill, then almost silent going downhill, just some quiet gurgles. Note that it does gurge and pop at lower RPM on the downrev, though I wouldn't call it pop, just gurgle. When going down hill at 90-100 KMs I could hear the gurgles but they were soft. At city speed on the decel from 60 to about 35 KMs it makes a decel sound then gurgles below that. Are you still running stock mid pipe with your headers? The mid pipe is supposed to be what causes the gurgles.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are very happy with the "Hookers" (haha had to do that) yes still running
stock mid pipe. I am thinking your set up will work well on my car, although mine is an automatic I am hoping this won't make to much of a difference. The weather here in Airdrie Alberta the last 2 weeks has been like winter rain and snow definitely not Corvette weather. Tomorrow I go for a second left eye operation for a refractive lens exchange that was done two weeks ago but the lens was a wrong prescription so here I go again. Even if the weather was good I felt my eye sight was not good enough to drive and now It will be at least another week then we are moving. With all that is happening I think the Hookers will wait until early spring. Keep in touch with the updates. Thanks again.
Wayne B.

They have continued to head in the right direction and today felt lIke they were meeting my criteria, so should be worth considering, especially being nearly half the cost of Corsa, and having a deeper tone which some say Corsa lacks. All the best taking care of yourself and will continue to update. As we head into fall and winter I still plan to take the car out on nice days. I'm looking forward to the full back heated seats, turned it on for the first time a couple weeks ago in the morning and it was amazing.

Reactions: ddgermann
They have continued to head in the right direction and today felt lIke they were meeting my criteria, so should be worth considering, especially being nearly half the cost of Corsa, and having a deeper tone which some say Corsa lacks. All the best taking care of yourself and will continue to update. As we head into fall and winter I still plan to take the car out on nice days. I'm looking forward to the full back heated seats, turned it on for the first time a couple weeks ago in the morning and it was amazing.
I am also interested in this system. Have to be careful as the wife does not like loud exhaust. My 2015 GT Mustang was a monster for sound after how I did the exhaust on it. Leaving tomorrow to see my Daughter in Maple Ridge, not taking the Vette this trip. Maybe get to see some of you guys in the Spring when its Vette time weather.

A month in now and it's setting in quite nicely. It's similar to the improvements in the last update, with cold start still being louder, but I think that's mellowed further. It's still deeper and louder when cold, with the resonance in the 2000 RPM range, but that has improved quite a bit, and it gets quite nice when the oil temp reaches 50-55C. Cruising is very comfortable and at this stage I would say there is no drone, however, would emphasise that drone is relative. Higher RPM pulls have a nice growl, and it doesn't feel like it gets much louder over 4000 RPM.

Milltertime, a friend of mine used to have a 2002 Mustang GT with Flowmaster 40s, Bassani X pipe with cats, and this is about as loud as that. I'd be happy to show you the car in the spring.

Update to the last post, as the resonance goes away more quickly than I thought. I went for a drive last night, about 8C outside, parked in the car port and hadn't driven the car in a couple days so nice and cold, and once the oil was up to 20-25C the resonance went away. Drove it again this morning, similar kind of temps and it did the same thing. It probably works out to about 5 minutes of driving, with a couple minutes to start the car and pull out of the car port, close the gate, then turn out of my driveway.

I waxed the tips for extra hp. ;)
20181014_093404.jpg

Here's an idle video I took the other night with my phone. The idle has gotten less barky, with more space between the pulses. I'm hesitant to rev it since my car port parallels one neighbour and backs into another neighbour. Interior audio is hard to do well and I don't have any decent audio recording equipment of my own. I just wouldn't expect great results with my phone but I'll give it a try.

Update to the last post, as the resonance goes away more quickly than I thought. I went for a drive last night, about 8C outside, parked in the car port and hadn't driven the car in a couple days so nice and cold, and once the oil was up to 20-25C the resonance went away. Drove it again this morning, similar kind of temps and it did the same thing. It probably works out to about 5 minutes of driving, with a couple minutes to start the car and pull out of the car port, close the gate, then turn out of my driveway.

View attachment 20593
Sounds real good at idle a nice rumble. Send a vid Please with added RPM.

I don't want to rev it in my driveway. Holly has a couple videos which are pretty close to what I'm experiencing now, and are better recording quality than I'm going to get from my phone.

What these videos don't account for is the low frequency sound, but I'd say the low frequency is pleasant if you're into that sort of thing, and is definitely a "deep muscle car tone" as their marketing suggests. The on the throttle volume isn't much louder than normal throttle volume which I really appreciate, since I can get on it having an aggressive sound and feeling without it feeling like it's barking like crazy and ruining people's day or fatiguing me. When on the throttle it gets louder up to about 4000 RPM then after that it doesn't get any louder. Bridge overpasses, concrete walls, and tunnels are a good time.

I don't want to rev it in my driveway. Holly has a couple videos which are pretty close to what I'm experiencing now, and are better recording quality than I'm going to get from my phone.

What these videos don't account for is the low frequency sound, but I'd say the low frequency is pleasant if you're into that sort of thing, and is definitely a "deep muscle car tone" as their marketing suggests. The on the throttle volume isn't much louder than normal throttle volume which I really appreciate, since I can get on it having an aggressive sound and feeling without it feeling like it's barking like crazy and ruining people's day or fatiguing me. When on the throttle it gets louder up to about 4000 RPM then after that it doesn't get any louder. Bridge overpasses, concrete walls, and tunnels are a good time.

Thanks Pal. That is a good vid from Holley and that C6 is an auto trany which mine is so it should be the same
sound or very similar. The only thing I don't know if that C6 has long tube headers or not, shouldn't be that much of a different sound. Thanks.

I tried an interior recording this evening with my phone sitting in the cup holder, but there was background noise and some noise from the phone moving. I'd probably need to put the phone on a mount, which I don't currently have in the car, but still wouldn't improve the quality, so I think I'll just leave it for now.

I tried an interior recording this evening with my phone sitting in the cup holder, but there was background noise and some noise from the phone moving. I'd probably need to put the phone on a mount, which I don't currently have in the car, but still wouldn't improve the quality, so I think I'll just leave it for now.
Okidoki understood. No worries. Thanks

View attachment 20593
How do you wax the tips and why?

How? Like Mr Miyagi taught, "wax on, wax off!" Why? Because I like shiny things. But seriously, just used some paste wax and buffed off, shines up the metal and adds a small layer of protection which I don't know if it needs, but it makes me feel better.

How do you wax the tips and why?

Exhaust tips will pit over time. I don't use wax as I'm suspect the heat would yellow the wax, but I do use a good quality metal polish/protectant like Flitz or Never Dull. As for extra hp, I may be wrong but I think you may need to polish more than just the exhaust tips... o_O

• Haha
Exhaust tips will pit over time. I don't use wax as I'm suspect the heat would yellow the wax, but I do use a good quality metal polish/protectant like Flitz or Never Dull. As for extra hp, I may be wrong but I think you may need to polish more than just the exhaust tips... o_O
On previous cars I've used similar metal polishes (usually Mothers) to clean and polish, then wax after, and never had yellowing. I've often wondered if the heat just burns the wax off.

What, you means claims of added hp might be exaggerated? *mind blown* :doh:

• Haha
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.