Just a note about masks. They are not intended for your protection but for the protection of others around you. Only the best of N-95 masks will keep 99% of virus’s out of your respiratory tract. A normal mask is intended to keep you from “moistly” spreading droplets towards someone else.

Hence the effectiveness of the jock strap mask....lol

Just a note about masks. They are not intended for your protection but for the protection of others around you. Only the best of N-95 masks will keep 99% of virus’s out of your respiratory tract. A normal mask is intended to keep you from “moistly” spreading droplets towards someone else.

Hence the effectiveness of the jock strap mask....lol

4.4 billion Asians can't be wrong. ;)

I think there might be some concern about breathing in any fibres into your lungs using microfibre towels. Who knows what they are made out of. The one thing everyone says about homemade masks is to wash them before use, probably for the same reason.

When it comes to masks, it is all about cotton - the finer the better and even multiple layers before the point where it impedes breathing - ahem, cough, cough, cough. Now you all have lots of cotton around the home. Lots of stories about furnace filter material and vacuum bags but hard to beat quality Egyptian cotton pillow cases.

We are about a week away from mandatory wearing of masks in Ontario for all trips to our favourite beverage vendor (and similar activities). I have been wearing one for the last month for my very limited visits to the grocery store and more frequent outings to the beer store. Quite comfortable and no issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread