In case anyone wants to make their own. A couple of patterns and suggestions. Simply cannot find any to purchase that are commercially made.

Brenda read that after Hepa vacuum bag filters, those rolls of the hydro knit blue shop towels are about the best fabric you can get for the DIY face masks. I came across an Irag gas mask last year. Unfortunately I sold it at my fall antique sale... I would definitely have made a fashion statement with that... Lol...

1586534527107.png

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Brenda read that after Hepa vacuum bag filters, those rolls of the hydro knit blue shop towels are about the best fabric you can get for the DIY face masks. I came across an Irag gas mask last year. Unfortunately I sold it at my fall antique sale... I would definitely have made a fashion statement with that... Lol...

View attachment 38613
Hepa bags apparently have some drawbacks and you need to be careul about which ones you use.

True hepa filter material is hard to breath through. But more importantly, the material some are made from is not non-woven polypropylene but glass fibers. Ingesting glass fibers is not good for your respiratory system and can result in lung cancer.

If you feel the need to use Vacuum bags to make masks, make sure you know what they are made of or you could be making a bad situation worse for yourself.

Personally, I'm sewing masks from 100% cotton fiber, 3 layers thick and inserting a 3M filtrete filter panel cut from a larger furnace filter. These are polypropelyne and work on the "static charge" filtering scheme the n95 masks use. Perfect? Nope. But they are better than nothing and relatively safe to use.....

We are lucky to have a couple of n95 masks. My wife worked at the TB clinic at the Vancouver Hospital for 32 years, so quite a few years ago she brought a couple home. Just wanted to say that these N95 masks are a little hard to breath through especially if you are walking or anything that requires constant movement.

We are lucky to have a couple of n95 masks. My wife worked at the TB clinic at the Vancouver Hospital for 32 years, so quite a few years ago she brought a couple home. Just wanted to say that these N95 masks are a little hard to breath through especially if you are walking or anything that requires constant movement.
I agree...Having to wear it for 8 hours a day while doing strenuous and heavy lifting is no walk in the park (if you were allowed to) either. Very hard to catch your breath.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread