Hello. Thanks for letting me join your forum. I am new to Corvettes, and I have a Canadian '78 SA, now over here in the UK with me. It seems to have spent its life around Ontario, until a year ago. But I know nothing much of its history. Maybe one of you guys does...!

Welcome! Well done old stick! So terrific you joined the forum. I really hope you find some history on your cool SA. While many vettes get passed down with boxes of receipts/paperwork/records ~ others, simply a key. Although you did find out it spent time in Ontario, so very likely it'll be recognized. Maybe there are clues under seats, carpet or tucked into weird places? Call me a romantic hopeful.

I brought up a C1 from Tennessee 10 years ago. With the pink original owner title about the only thing included, I was able to track down the original owner in Oregon. He emailed with amazing stories and pics. It was like putting little pieces of a historic puzzle together!

Good luck - please keep posting. :)

Franci

Reactions: Jeremiad
Thanks Riley and Franci. I look forward to enjoying it again, but each calliper seems to be taking it in turn to fail, even though their stainless lines, and look to be quite new. Looking forward to being back on the road hopefully later this week...

I did find a 'Used vehicle information package' in the car, which list previous owners and garages. I tried to contact the most recent owner via Facebook, but got no response. I don't think I should post his name here, on a public forum, might not be appreciated. But armed with this document, is there anything I can do other than Google previous owners, which has not proved successful.

It seems to have spent quite bit of time in Goderich, Ontario.

Grateful for any further help or advice!

Not sure but I think there are a couple of members on here who are close to Goderich. Maybe someone will chime in with some knowledge.

Maybe list the garages where the car was worked on, doubt anyone would be concerned about that. Might help.

Good luck with your search. Maybe start a new thread looking for help, the message might get lost here in your intro. Nice to know the history.

Not sure but I think there are a couple of members on here who are close to Goderich. Maybe someone will chime in with some knowledge.

Maybe list the garages where the car was worked on, doubt anyone would be concerned about that. Might help.

Good luck with your search. Maybe start a new thread looking for help, the message might get lost here in your intro. Nice to know the history.
Good idea, thanks for that, I've started a thread. Hopefully in the right place, my geographical knowledge of Canada ain't too good, but I think I'm heading in the right direction!

Hello. Thanks for letting me join your forum. I am new to Corvettes, and I have a Canadian '78 SA, now over here in the UK with me. It seems to have spent its life around Ontario, until a year ago. But I know nothing much of its history. Maybe one of you guys does...!

My two boys would likely trade my 2014 for your C3, they love that body style!

Reactions: turbozig
I love that body style too!

EnglishFella, if you don't mind me asking, what are the "other" cars in your stable? We are all just car fans at heart, and even if this forum is Corvette-based, we have all owned a lot of stuff before we acquired our Vettes, and we all have an appreciation for performance cars. Please do share your experience, and what brought you to the "plastic fantastic"?

I love that body style too!

EnglishFella, if you don't mind me asking, what are the "other" cars in your stable? We are all just car fans at heart, and even if this forum is Corvette-based, we have all owned a lot of stuff before we acquired our Vettes, and we all have an appreciation for performance cars. Please do share your experience, and what brought you to the "plastic fantastic"?
Bits of this, bits of that... some of which is working some of the time! '06 Dodge Magnum SRT8, Magnum 427 Cobra replica, '68 Dodge Coronet R/T. You got any other stuff ??

Wow, you have a nice collection of American muscle! We would love to see some pictures of those sometime, too!

Beside my 2006 Z51 in the garage sits a 98 Trans Am that I have owned for 11 years. In the back corner sits a 1994 CBR600f2 with 25k on it. My daily is a 2007 Trailblazer SS.

20140921_124938retouch.jpg my98TA-8.jpg 112.jpg IMG_0404.JPG

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Wow, you have a nice collection of American muscle! We would love to see some pictures of those sometime, too!

Beside my 2006 Z51 in the garage sits a 98 Trans Am that I have owned for 11 years. In the back corner sits a 1994 CBR600f2 with 25k on it. My daily is a 2007 Trailblazer SS.
-I thought you'd be in Airdrie in Scotland, hadn't realised there would be on in Canada! I used to have a 96 Trans Am, really liked that car. American muscle is a bit of a rare thing over here in England, so it takes quite a lot of commitment. And the weather is rubbish!!!
IMG_0283.jpg 10982781_10206636272284860_4165564335418909138_n.jpg

-I thought you'd be in Airdrie in Scotland, hadn't realised there would be on in Canada! I used to have a 96 Trans Am, really liked that car. American muscle is a bit of a rare thing over here in England, so it takes quite a lot of commitment. And the weather is rubbish!!!
View attachment 9957 View attachment 9958

Haha, no sir! Airdrie, Alberta! So that means my weather is rubbish too! LOL.

I am impressed to see your collection of American muscle. I was expecting to see a BMW or VW daily there, but no huh?

I keep looking at BMWs and a few Mercedes models interest me, but then I remember what my luck is like, and what service on those things cost here.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Mercedes Benz has a very good maintenance package that can be negotiated into the deal, and the general maintenance is covered. The wife has a '14 C300 4Matic, and it's been a great car, and pretty peppy I might add. She's hoping to trade up to the C63 next year.

Benz.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.