Dale:
I like your choice of color. I had a yellow C6 with a manual trans and loved it but dreamed of getting a yellow C7 Convertible with a standard. I looked for well over a year and could not find one but in May I came across my current C7. I am sure that you will love your new ride I know I am very happy with mine...

I find that there are no colors that don’t look good on a Vette, but there are some that I like better than others. I think the yellow with black looks awesome!

Reactions: Dik and BDK
Not a fan of the front paint or stripe on the one at Sherwood - not stock. The one at Wheaton seems to have the front splitter and side skirts and the black interior looks great - just my opinion. I bought my 1972 yellow convertible new at Wheaton and was happy with them. Is there any warranty left? if not will they throw in extended warranty?
Go for it - GREAT car.

Reactions: Dik
Not a fan of the front paint or stripe on the one at Sherwood - not stock. The one at Wheaton seems to have the front splitter and side skirts and the black interior looks great - just my opinion. I bought my 1972 yellow convertible new at Wheaton and was happy with them. Is there any warranty left? if not will they throw in extended warranty?
Go for it - GREAT car.

I see what you mean about that front paint stripe. I had not noticed that. I now like the Wheaton one better. I have to admit, I don’t know what the front splitter and side skirts are (total newb).

If they are carbon fiber they were an extra cost $$$ option on the Z06. Previous owner would have added the at his expense.

Had another look at the pics - doesn't look like carbon fiber but still a very nice upgrade

If they are carbon fiber they were an extra cost $$$ option on the Z06. Previous owner would have added the at his expense.

Had another look at the pics - doesn't look like carbon fiber but still a very nice upgrade

Yes if he finds a car with a bunch of carbon fibre added... that’s a bonus that the seller will not recover the cost on.
If he likes carbon fibre it’s definitely worth considering as adding it is $$$$$.

I see what you mean about that front paint stripe. I had not noticed that. I now like the Wheaton one better. I have to admit, I don’t know what the front splitter and side skirts are (total newb).

Side skirts (rockers) and splitter (front spoiler) are options... and pricey options at that, especially if they are Carbon Fibre (don't think they are)...they both improve the aerodynamics of the car, the rockers also protect the sides from road dirt rash.. and they look sharp on the car..... here's a pic.

splitter.png

the stripe on the Sherwood car could easily come off if its decaled ( I would do that but I do like the black treatment on the lower bumper fascia) The front splitter is just a basic plastic one; the term "poverty splitter" that came standard on base z06 ( I have one in the FS section.....lol). IF mechanically both are similar and the Kal interior is not an issue I would still lean to the Sherwood car ( even though I despize this dealership) but it has significantly less mileage. IMHO.............

$_59.JPG

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
just having fun,

the splitter and skirts may be carbon flash which to me is just painted black

the carbon fibre we chat about is actually exposed carbon fibre checkerboard pattern in silver and black not just painted, Theron is the difference

also you can get Jake decals from Northgate parts for reasonable if you wish

the journey is fun

and yes Eric I am jealous of your computer skills, my skills or lack there of consisted of passing judgement on cars, not actually doing any work on them. No talent for the hand fitting, just being able to spot flaws or see design features that work

rambling old man thoughts, now to take my meds. Jeff

just having fun,

the splitter and skirts may be carbon flash which to me is just painted black

the carbon fibre we chat about is actually exposed carbon fibre checkerboard pattern in silver and black not just painted, Theron is the difference

also you can get Jake decals from Northgate parts for reasonable if you wish

the journey is fun

and yes Eric I am jealous of your computer skills, my skills or lack there of consisted of passing judgement on cars, not actually doing any work on them. No talent for the hand fitting, just being able to spot flaws or see design features that work

rambling old man thoughts, now to take my meds. Jeff

lol Jeff... Save some of those meds for me my friend.... ;)

I JUST SAW THE CHEAPEST CORVETTE 2019 ON SALE AT ATLANTIC CITY CHEVROLET DEALER FOR 44,300$ 1LT WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION BRAND NEW

I JUST SAW THE CHEAPEST CORVETTE 2019 ON SALE AT ATLANTIC CITY CHEVROLET DEALER FOR 44,300$ 1LT WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION BRAND NEW
Nothing special so no need for caps. $44.3kusd is about $59kcnd. I posted cheaper new ones locally in the " c7 costco thread". Then all the hassle of importing unless atlantic city chevrolet is in Quebec. If so im in for 2!!!.......

Last edited:
They say it is a 2lt under their description. Price ok. Here’s another same color velocity yellow 2lt m7 z51 but with kal interior for about the same price but with only 16000km. ( assuming it’s available). Don’t care for either dealership but now you can have them duke it out.

I just wanted to thank Frank, as I was not even aware of this car, so I went to check it out earlier this week and just closed the deal today. I pick her up Tuesday!
Yay!
Dale

I just wanted to thank Frank, as I was not even aware of this car, so I went to check it out earlier this week and just closed the deal today. I pick her up Tuesday!
Yay!
Dale
You owe me a personal look.!!!.....lol I live close to spc and can share more info about c7......pm if you’d like. Congrats on the purchase. You’ll luv the car!!

Reactions: Shorlaw
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.