Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hello everyone. I just wanted to pop by to ask a couple of questions. I have loved the Corvette since I was a kid. I am now 55, and have never owned one, but that may change soon, as I am at a point in my life that I can most afford one. I am looking at a 2015 that has caught my eye. I just wanted to get some advice from you fine folks who have jumped into the pool and bought one. The car I am looking at is at a dealership, with about 24,000km on it, z51 package, etc. It appears to be in fantastic shape, as I did not notice a mark on it.
They want $55,000 for it, which I have a little trouble with, but might make them an offer. My questions would be, what should I be aware of as far as possible problems, future maintenance (is it $$$ to maintain), and lastly, do you have any regrets in your purchase. I would hate to spend this much money on a toy that turns out to be a lemon.
Anyway, any words of wisdom and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Dale.
P.S. if I posted this in the wrong area, please forgive the newbie.

Last edited:
if you feel comfortable post the link, most here will critique it fairly for you

need to know some of the specs

need to know some of your wants or non-wants in the car

more info needed partner

I just sold a 2016 DSOM to a wholesaler for 55 grand I was happy, 2lt base

Reactions: frankmp
Hi and welcome to CCF.

That price and mileage is reasonable with the Z51 package. There is always room to haggle of course.

.... I'd get the car. I am always so impressed with the C7 every time I drive it.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to pop by to ask a couple of questions. I have loved the Corvette since I was a kid. I am now 55, and have never owned one, but that may change soon, as I am at a point in my life that I can most afford one. I am looking at a 2015 that has caught my eye. I just wanted to get some advice from you fine folks who have jumped into the pool and bought one. The car I am looking at is at a dealership, with about 24,000km on it, z51 package, etc. It appears to be in fantastic shape, as I did not notice a mark on it.
They want $55,000 for it, which I have a little trouble with, but might make them an offer. My questions would be, what should I be aware of as far as possible problems, future maintenance (is it $$$ to maintain), and lastly, do you have any regrets in your purchase. I would hate to spend this much money on a toy that turns out to be a lemon.
Thanks in advance.
Dale.

Everyone above is correct... If you're not familiar with the trim levels available and what they include, certainly read up on the C7 and feel free to ask too. For now, bring us up to speed on the trim level )1, 2, or 3LT? mag ride suspension? convertible? Automatic? Any Mods?
As far as $$$ regular maintenance goes, the Corvette is no worse or better than any average american made auto. The Z51 dry sump takes about 4 extra litres of oil when you do oil changes but other than that, no surprises. I buy Mobil 1 synthetic at Cdn T when it's on sale and my dealer changes it and lubes for me for $35.00. Tires are a little more expensive than the Chevy Spark and you need to burn premium fuel but that's about it. There are very few faults with the C7. Some automatic owners complain of a drive train bump or something when the tranny shifts into 3rd but other than that, GM did it right with the C7. The rest of it is just how many bells and whistles you would like. If you're going to keep it for a good part of it's life, play the "I wish I had THAT option" game now cause after you buy it will probably be too late or much more expensive to add it after the fact..... To be totally honest, I have not heard one story regarding a C7 being a "lemon". Remember. It's easy to fall in love with these cars and buy that first one you see but taking your time and making sure it's the right pick is important. I would also ask the dealership for the previous owners name and a phone number if they will give it to you. Always nice to talk to the guy that traded it. I left a page long letter in the Gbox of my C6 when I traded and the next owner wasted no time calling me after the purchase and thanking me. Good Luck... And welcome to the forum and the world of being a Corvette owner. When you get that right car for you, you won't be able to stop smiling.

Reactions: Dik
Welcome. I had a 2015 Z51 convertible 3LT and it was a great car. Traded up to a 2017 Grand Sport when they came out. As I recall 2015 had the 5 year warranty on power train but the only thing lacking was the front cameras which were added in 2016 and they make it much easier to avoid front parking curbs. C7 is a GREAT car so I would go for it if its what you want and the price is right.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Here is the link to the car. I think it is the 2LT, but you guys would know better. I can’t imagine that there is much missing that I might want for options.

Thanks in advance.
Dale.
The price seems about right for the 2015 z51. I have the 2015 z51 and maintenance is pretty basic and easy to do yourself for the most part so if your handy or so inclined you can save money by doing things such as oil changes yourself. My only advice is if it is the A8 find a M7. I have the A8 and if you actually take your car to the track which they were designed for you might find yourself needing a new transmission at some point. I had my tranny replace last year but because its linked to the issues specifically related to the A8 it was covered under warranty but my understanding is many dealers are calling the shudder and harsh shifting just normal so no longer replacing them under warranty. The car is awesome so no regrets on the purchase but I just strongly recommend a manual especially if you ever do want to track it or even just running autocross.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Here is the link to the car. I think it is the 2LT, but you guys would know better. I can’t imagine that there is much missing that I might want for options.

Sorry missed post. I see it's an M7 so go for it and have a great time.👍😁

They say it is a 2lt under their description. Price ok. Here’s another same color velocity yellow 2lt m7 z51 but with kal interior for about the same price but with only 16000km. ( assuming it’s available). Don’t care for either dealership but now you can have them duke it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I have a 2015 Z51 M7. Love the car, no issues. As long as the car hasn't been driven hard, it should be fine. negotiate on the price. The C8 starts at $70,000 so the C7's should hold their value, unless owners dump them to get a C8.
Enjoy your car.

Yes. It appears to b a 2LT Dale. Not sure if it has the Mag ride suspension or not. Says performance suspension but the Magnetic Ride Suspension Package was an option. Some people like it.... some don't care... Probably more important if you intend on tracking the car. Also likely will not have the Chev MyLink radio system with Navigation. Will likely just have the Onstar Navigation (have to subscribe). Also will not have PDR (Performance Data Recorder). PDR would likely be the thing I would miss the most. Really cool to be able to record your trip with performance data included in the video. Sort of like a dash cam with data. Those options came with the 3LT.
Unfortunately the self closing rear hatch was not offered in 2015 and that is a pain. The car is so airtight that unless you have a window open, you have to work at closing the hatch. Other thing missing on the 2015 is the front curb camera. This has never been a problem with either of my Vettes but some people have trouble bumping curbs with the front and shredding the composite. I see that car has both the front splitter and the side rockers. Nice mod that sharpens up the look. The Lexan tinted transparent roof has never been a problem for me and I drove my C6 for 4 years with one. I had a solid roof then as well and never had it out of the box. Was on several trips down into Wyoming, South Dakota, etc.and never had a problem with the roof being hot ever. I have both roofs again now except I have the exposed carbon fibre roof which I really like the looks of. Have had the lexan on only twice in 4 years. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

They say it is a 2lt under their description. Price ok. Here’s another same color velocity yellow 2lt m7 z51 but with kal interior for about the same price but with only 16000km. ( assuming it’s available). Don’t care for either dealership but now you can have them duke it out.

Thanks for the reply, Frank. I just might go check that one out too. Question though, what is the Kal interior? Is that an upgrade?

Yes. It appears to b a 2LT Dale. Not sure if it has the Mag ride suspension or not. Says performance suspension but the Magnetic Ride Suspension Package was an option. Some people like it.... some don't care... Probably more important if you intend on tracking the car. Also likely will not have the Chev MyLink radio system with Navigation. Will likely just have the Onstar Navigation (have to subscribe). Also will not have PDR (Performance Data Recorder). PDR would likely be the thing I would miss the most. Really cool to be able to record your trip with performance data included in the video. Sort of like a dash cam with data. Those options came with the 3LT.
Unfortunately the self closing rear hatch was not offered in 2015 and that is a pain. The car is so airtight that unless you have a window open, you have to work at closing the hatch. Other thing missing on the 2015 is the front curb camera. This has never been a problem with either of my Vettes but some people have trouble bumping curbs with the front and shredding the composite. I see that car has both the front splitter and the side rockers. Nice mod that sharpens up the look. The Lexan tinted transparent roof has never been a problem for me and I drove my C6 for 4 years with one. I had a solid roof then as well and never had it out of the box. Was on several trips down into Wyoming, South Dakota, etc.and never had a problem with the roof being hot ever. I have both roofs again now except I have the exposed carbon fibre roof which I really like the looks of. Have had the lexan on only twice in 4 years. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

That is great information, thanks so much. I shall keep you all posted. My wife is the best wife EVER, as she has given me the green light on this, so this fantasy just might become a reality.

Kalihari is a colour of interior.

1566783877748.png

Dale:
I like your choice of color. I had a yellow C6 with a manual trans and loved it but dreamed of getting a yellow C7 Convertible with a standard. I looked for well over a year and could not find one but in May I came across my current C7. I am sure that you will love your new ride I know I am very happy with mine...

Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.