This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Here what happens when your reach the end of the 800 KM break in period.

It does, and I see what you're saying, however, from what auto journalists online and YouTube vloggers have shown (with brand new cars), is, once you're in the higher gears at speed, the "suggested break in rev limit" is easily surpassed. That would suggest the it is not a "hard limiter", but, rather, a visual aid to remind you to go easy for those first few miles. LOL. I guess, by GM limiting revs and torque in the first two gears prevent any undue harm from hard launches (and launch control) during that critical break in time. I believe Tadge and GM know their customers very well by now. ;-)

That makes sense, the owners manual is vague as to what you mention a hard limiter. If you can push the pedal and the car goes past. It's like a speed limit sign. Suggested speed but not the obtainable one.

I appreciate your effort to help me and hopefully other understand.

Rob

You could go well passed the red line and hit the rev limiter right from the start. Ask me how I know. lol

Users who are viewing this thread