Don't get dexos 1 gen 2
Capture.PNG

Get dexos 2
Capture2.PNG

Just be careful what GM dealer you go for the oil. Last year went to the local dealer for my C7 and they tried to sell me the European Formula 0W-40. Then went on to say they use it for oil changes where ESP 0W-40 to be used.

In first and second gears, software reduces torque by about 25 to 30 percent for the first 500 miles. That means that, at most, torque drops to 329 pound-feet compared to the normal 470 lb-ft

Also you do not need to shut the engine off to see the tach change. It changes while you are driving when you hit about 802kms.
Mine did not change at 800 km. I watched for it. I had to shut car off and restart and then it changed.

Yes, actually, it is. Like $7.79 CDN /quart. Compared to over $20 up here. And free shipping with minimum orders if you have an account. So, buy in bulk and stock up, or, just have it shipped to your US postal box (I have one in Ogdensburg, NY, which is only a 45 min drive for me), and pick up for free. Love RockAuto
I paid over $40 for duty on grill screens. Is there duty on oil? Not sure you would know if you pick up from the U.S.

Yes, actually, it is. Like $7.79 CDN /quart. Compared to over $20 up here. And free shipping with minimum orders if you have an account. So, buy in bulk and stock up, or, just have it shipped to your US postal box (I have one in Ogdensburg, NY, which is only a 45 min drive for me), and pick up for free. Love RockAuto
You can drive across the border? I thought it was closed to non essential traffic. I want to order some stuff that only ships to the 'lower 48" and get it at a mail drop 7 miles across the MB/ND border.

You can drive across the border? I thought it was closed to non essential traffic. I want to order some stuff that only ships to the 'lower 48" and get it at a mail drop 7 miles across the MB/ND border.
That's right, and that is another discussion for another forum. But, for the rest of the folks, a little birdie said this summer is looking good for open borders again. How sad is it, that I will be able to drive to Florida without any "special paperwork", before I can drive to Nova Scotia or New Brunswick??

That's right, and that is another discussion for another forum. But, for the rest of the folks, a little birdie said this summer is looking good for open borders again. How sad is it, that I will be able to drive to Florida without any "special paperwork", before I can drive to Nova Scotia or New Brunswick??
That's right-the border is closed to non essential traffic, or that's right-you could drive to a mail drop in the USA. I think that little birdie was eating too many gummies, but I hope he is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: pozi240
Mine changed at 805km and the engine did a bit of a lug for a second and you instantly tell there was more power. I took a video but seems like you can’t post videos. This is my first high performance engine I’ve owned so I’m grateful for the info on the first oil change.
Get your post count up to 100 and you will be able to post videos up to 100 meg size.

I didn't either, but that's the story I hear everywhere.
You know Murray, after seeing quite a few comments on the "unlocked power" after break in on here, and watching a LOT of Youtuber's in their C8's (StreetSpeed717 is one to watch for Corvette content), it had me thinking... I don't truly believe the hp /tq is cut very much, if at all really, but, most owner's are "taking it easy" and driving more gingerly for those first 805kms (not winding out it), so, they're not really "feeling" all of the power. But, once they get that magic break in complete, they finally "come on to it" and it feels like a whole new car. I could be completely wrong, but, Mike (StreetSpeed717) was coming on to it from day one and didn't notice a difference in power once he passed the 500mile mark. (Of course, he had LMR install their first twin turbo setup just afterwards anyway, LOL)

Reactions: Murray20c8
My vote is no power increase after the break-in period and I suspect the car is electronically governed during the break-in period only to have a lower red line to protect the engine. I like your explanation pozi240 as to why some think differently.

Regardless, it's a TON OF FUN once you're done the break-in period and no longer have to worry about your RPM's. :)

Reactions: pozi240
Yeah, most of us have seen that statement from Tadge, but, that just limits torque in 1st and 2nd gear, no power limit once rolling at speed......
I wasn't sure for those that have a c8 if the rev limiter is @ indicated or one can press the smile pedal past the 3500 and head on to the hellyeah zone.

If rev limited would it be reduced power not being able to obtain full revs?
If that makes sense ...

Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread