I wasn't sure for those that have a c8 if the rev limiter is @ indicated or one can press the smile pedal past the 3500 and head on to the hellyeah zone.

If rev limited would it be reduced power not being able to obtain full revs?
If that makes sense ...

Rob
It does, and I see what you're saying, however, from what auto journalists online and YouTube vloggers have shown (with brand new cars), is, once you're in the higher gears at speed, the "suggested break in rev limit" is easily surpassed. That would suggest the it is not a "hard limiter", but, rather, a visual aid to remind you to go easy for those first few miles. LOL. I guess, by GM limiting revs and torque in the first two gears prevent any undue harm from hard launches (and launch control) during that critical break in time. I believe Tadge and GM know their customers very well by now. ;-)

It does, and I see what you're saying, however, from what auto journalists online and YouTube vloggers have shown (with brand new cars), is, once you're in the higher gears at speed, the "suggested break in rev limit" is easily surpassed. That would suggest the it is not a "hard limiter", but, rather, a visual aid to remind you to go easy for those first few miles. LOL. I guess, by GM limiting revs and torque in the first two gears prevent any undue harm for hard launches (and launch control) during that critical break in time. I believe Tadge and GM know their customers very well by now. ;-)
That makes sense, the owners manual is vague as to what you mention a hard limiter. If you can push the pedal and the car goes past. It's like a speed limit sign. Suggested speed but not the obtainable one.

I appreciate your effort to help me and hopefully other understand.

Rob

I wasn't sure for those that have a c8 if the rev limiter is @ indicated or one can press the smile pedal past the 3500 and head on to the hellyeah zone.

If rev limited would it be reduced power not being able to obtain full revs?
If that makes sense ...

Rob
You could go well passed the red line and hit the rev limiter right from the start. Ask me how I know. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread