Well, I was looking for opinions...got exactly that. ;-) Thanks all.

My preference had been manuals since learning to drive - a long time ago - for the sense of control (over good and bad shifts, right Riley P) until manufacturers didn't make them in the cars I've been choosing to drive the last few years. Now that I'm working towards the Z06, it was the YouTube'rs that had me thinking twice.

I'll be settling on something soon, and will let you guys know. Gotta admit I'm leaning M7 for something a bit more connected. My daily driver is an A9 and a fantastic car, but...numb.

You might want to re-read what I wrote there big guy. There are no implications whatsoever to you or any other manual driver. There is an honest opinion of the reasoning that MOST C7 Z06s are sold with the A8 and not manual, coming from someone who has driven both extensively. There are posts of people in threads who even got rid of their Z06 because of its power. I can even speak of a person in Niagara who traded his manual Z06 in for the A8. Nothing I am saying is surprising to anyone, and nothing I havent posted before in the same fashion. Perhaps I should have put a 'snowflake' caveat in there to those that might get offended ehehe LMAO.

Only 23 Percent of 2016 Chevrolet Corvettes Have Manual Transmissions

Keep them coming.

I’m still loving my M7.

YouTube warriors. Lol

Enjoy you car Les. It is a fine looking Z06 that you clearly look after and love.

I’m not going any further with this as either way it’s awesome to own a Z06.

Peace.

I don't normally post crash pics but the Z06 power discussion was still ringing in my head when I stumbled upon this accident clip. Obviously this driver couldn't control the power of his Z06 but I guess we will never know if it was a manual or an automatic .....

vette flip.gif

IMO... There is a reason such high percentage of C7Z' are ordered A8. There is also a reason we are seeing most high powered cars, most of which cost five times as much, go with an auto as well.

Here’s an old school thought. I always thought the reason why so many high powered car manufacturers were going to automatics and not selling the manuals anymore is because we have a large generation of guys who grew up racing cars in video games like Grand Turizmo, Forza, etc and never learned how to use their left foot so the manual version just went the way of the video games when people wanted to buy the cars they raced on tv. :D
Plus when hp started to really ramp up, clutches couldn’t take the torque so autos were the only choice and people just got used to the idea that you got the auto with the high hp version and now that we can get manuals, people are just used to automatics in everything. :p
Launch control would be insane I bet.

My wife and I have always driven standards, so when we went looking for our Corvette, stick shift was the only option. In 2005, we bought a new Jimmy with the five speed, our winter vehicle. Never regretted it for a second. With a lot of horsepower like what you can get today, most people probably should not go with a stick shift. Most don't even realize when they are breaking loose and the car is out from under them before they even realize it. At my age, I realize that my reflexes are not what they used to be, so I don't get squirrelly like I used to. The wife, well, that's a different story.

Lol we can sure tell the dinosaurs in the crowd... Of which I am one by the way. With respect to the video, the driver made an elongated presence on another forum and there was much discussion. I can post other videos, all of which were ripped apart over and over on other forums..all manuals to which the driver jumped in at some point with his explanation for the loss. We all have our own opinions and mine comes from a life of driving, a ,manual lover who switched my order auto to manual 5 times before that order was confirmed. My opinion is simply that the Z06 possess a power ratio we haven't seen prior in normal cars. I have termed it 'instant on' and it is just that Although I haven't asked, I would bet that many manual lovers who got the M7 would state they had to relearn their love for manual with the '7' and the power. Anyway was going to post a few Z shots but nope...I am out of the sandbox and moving to another eheheh. LMAO..

121A3889.jpg

Hope I am not too late to the party....I struggled a bit with this deicsion but went with my heart and choose a manual for my fun car. If I was driving every day in traffic I may reconsider. I think marketing objectives have dictated the ratio of autos over manuals. I will that statement as is;-). I heard something interesting the other day.....I was cautioned about low resale value of manuals. Seems Ferrari no longer make a manual and the used prices of manuals have shot up. I think there will always be a market for manuals.

Cheers

I drive the manual now and live it. My wife is afraid to learn in the corvette and I’m ok with that. She is hinting that I should “upgrade” and go to the auto. That way she can “share” the car.

Mmmm, choices and so many reasons. I like having the car to myself so it’s going to be a while yet before I switch, but don’t tell Joanne I said that!!

Ok, so here's the latest.

I'll be the proud owner of a 2019 Z06 come early June. Went with the M7.

I'm super jacked for this. As a kid, I had a promotional book on the C4 when it launched. I obsessed over it and am sure I had every page memorized. Now, to (almost) have one in my garage is a long time plan come together. This beast can't get here soon enough. After decades of obsessing over what I would get if I could, I feel great about where I landed. The waiting is the hardest part.

Thanks to all for the opinions and information on the Forums. Looking forward to being a more active contributor.

(I claim my car "issues" are genetic - my dad is the original owner of an absolutely mint '69 Z28)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.