cwc

Casual User
Feb 5, 2018
Waterloo
VetteCoins
New to the forum...will be looking for a C7 Z06 (hopefully) in time for spring. Manual vs. Auto? I miss driving stick - did for years - but am pretty much squarely on the fence right now for this beast!

Welcome to CCF and good choice.

Not sure what you are after for a car but look closely at and understand the different trim levels and options available on your Z06 purchase. If you're buying new, there are tons of different configurations and some great deals available for well optioned 2017 new lot cars. Most of which you will find are A8s. (auto). M7s are a bit harder to find so the cars may not be your dream configuration and color....depending what that is.
Plenty of good low KM used cars around too. I bought 2 used Z06s in the last 2 years before I got my latest new one, and both were fantastic.

Fire away with the questions on the C7s. Lot of guys here with all different colors and trims. Tell us what you are after. :thumbs:

Derek

PS: M7 all the way.

Reactions: G-ForceJunkie
Welcome to the forum. The great debate between manual and auto is an interesting one especially with the technology available today. I would not by an auto but that is just me.

Good luck with your search, lots of knowledgable folks on here.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Welcome to the forum. The great debate between manual and auto is an interesting one especially with the technology available today. I would not by an auto but that is just me.

Thanks...it’s the newer tech and the ridiculous power that’s got me thinking about it. Appreciate the response.

Personally would rather drive a stick Miata than an auto Corvette, but that's just me.

That makes it pretty clear! Thanks...

Personally would rather drive a stick Miata than an auto Corvette, but that's just me.
Welcome to CCF and good choice.

Not sure what you are after for a car but look closely at and understand the different trim levels and options available on your Z06 purchase. If you're buying new, there are tons of different configurations and some great deals available for well optioned 2017 new lot cars. Most of which you will find are A8s. (auto). M7s are a bit harder to find so the cars may not be your dream configuration and color....depending what that is.
Plenty of good low KM used cars around too. I bought 2 used Z06s in the last 2 years before I got my latest new one, and both were fantastic.

Fire away with the questions on the C7s. Lot of guys here with all different colors and trims. Tell us what you are after. :thumbs:

Derek

PS: M7 all the way.

Thanks Derek...appreciate the reply and the thoughts. Am still looking around at all the options, so likely will have questions.

Thanks Derek...appreciate the reply and the thoughts. Am still looking around at all the options, so likely will have questions.

One more thing to add.

I strongly recommend the front parking cameras and PDR. Mag ride with would be the next thing but it is standard on the Z06. These are specific things that make driving a C7 Corvette exceptional. :Biggrin:

Welcome to the forum! Great dilemma to have! No matter what anyone says, you’re buying the car for you, so get what you want, not what you think others think you should get.
Personally, I still like shifting gears and I really like that I have full control over the shifts (good or bad:D). I don’t have a lot of standing traffic to deal with, so that helps make the standard more appealing and it seems like it’s getting tougher and tougher to find a fast car with a stick still available.
But, on the flip side, I’ve heard the auto is really good, so get what you believe you’ll enjoy the most. Either way it’s a win-win.

Reactions: G-ForceJunkie
The auto/manual dilemma. IMO... There is a reason such high percentage of C7Z' are ordered A8. There is also a reason we are seeing most high powered cars, most of which cost five times as much, go with an auto as well. I always wonder how many manual lovers have spent a healthy amount of time living behind the wheel of a 650HP car. And then... there are a respectable amount of videos depicting C7Z accidents, all of which seem to be manual versions.

I have chirped into this before and am a manual lover...but I would never go back. It is just too busy in the cockpit of a C7Z to work a manual, especially if you are a driving enthusiast. I am 53...but this view has absolutely nothing to do with age. Floor the brake, mash the gas and release into launch mode with an A8 and you will be hooked. It truly is lift-off.

121A1792.jpg

Reactions: Riley P
The auto/manual dilemma. IMO... There is a reason such high percentage of C7Z' are ordered A8. There is also a reason we are seeing most high powered cars, most of which cost five times as much, go with an auto as well. I always wonder how many manual lovers have spent a healthy amount of time living behind the wheel of a 650HP car. And then... there are a respectable amount of videos depicting C7Z accidents, all of which seem to be manual versions.

I have chirped into this before and am a manual lover...but I would never go back. It is just too busy in the cockpit of a C7Z to work a manual, especially if you are a driving enthusiast. I am 53...but this view has absolutely nothing to do with age. Floor the brake, mash the gas and release into launch mode with an A8 and you will be hooked. It truly is lift-off.

View attachment 14453

Chirping is the best word to describe this. Many of us know how to drive and love our manual transmissions Les.
It is no too busy in my car to shift and enjoy the car at the same time
I’m on my 2 C7 Z06 both with manuals. A choice.
You have an automatic. Good for you if it works for you but come on man. Don’t imply guys with manuals can’t handle them.

Please...

Chirping is the best word to describe this. Many of us know how to drive and love our manual transmissions Les.
It is no too busy in my car to shift and enjoy the car at the same time
I’m on my 2 C7 Z06 both with manuals. A choice.
You have an automatic. Good for you if it works for you but come on man. Don’t imply guys with manuals can’t handle them.

Please...

You might want to re-read what I wrote there big guy. There are no implications whatsoever to you or any other manual driver. There is an honest opinion of the reasoning that MOST C7 Z06s are sold with the A8 and not manual, coming from someone who has driven both extensively. There are posts of people in threads who even got rid of their Z06 because of its power. I can even speak of a person in Niagara who traded his manual Z06 in for the A8. Nothing I am saying is surprising to anyone, and nothing I havent posted before in the same fashion. Perhaps I should have put a 'snowflake' caveat in there to those that might get offended ehehe LMAO.

Only 23 Percent of 2016 Chevrolet Corvettes Have Manual Transmissions

Reactions: KrisN
Well what does the statement about the videos that seem to all have manuals in crashes?
Not at all a biased opinion hey...

Yes I’ve read this before from you. And thought ok he loves his A8.
Now you are getting out of hand. Beyond preference to unsupported speculation.
Pretty sure I could find a guy who’s traded a auto for the manual too. Lol.

You want to call me names go right ahead. At least I have a set and drive a sports car the way I feel it should be.
Drive what you like and I will do the same.

Lmao.

Snowflake.... pffft.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Manual...experienced driver... who never understood launching a manual. And it is not biased. All of the videos I have seen are manual mistakes. All of the crashes I have read about (dealership going to get tint/dealership through the front window) are manuals.

And just having fun...we can arm wrestle when we meet up in Winnipeg.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.