I have this on my front entrance wall. I had put it there to keep my keys from scratching it. Makes me think of him as I leave for the day.

I like that, Mike. That's a great inspiration to start your day. I wonder if my wife will let me hang a car picture at my front door? I can even use your excuse! Keeps the keys from scratching the wall. Brilliant.

Reactions: ddgermann
Saw this pic today and Garry was the first person I thought about. Probably worth a smile at least...

Forum ABC-165.jpg

I wondered if it was electric.

It does look like a big old electric motor on the front axle. And a tank on the back of some sort, it looks more like a vat or a pressure boiler. It also appears that both front and rear axles are hinged, and can both turn. I can only imagine that this was something in Europe to entice emigration way back in the early 1900's?

But thank you Murray for posting that great picture, and thank you for continuing to think of Garry.

I thought of him just a few days ago when my cousin went into the hospital for testing, and looking for tumors in his brain. I surely hope it can't happen, because for my Aunt to lose her husband, her mother, and her son in two years would be horrific. Please don't let it be so.

I really hoped that when cancer took Garry, that it had finally taken the best that we had to offer, so it wouldn't have to take any more. I was wrong.

Hi. This is Garry’s other half. On behalf of Garry’s Mom and Dad and myself and Aidan we want to thank all of you for the kind words about Garry. We knew he was special but there is a comfort knowing that others saw it too. We miss him so very much and we will try to carry on and live how he lived - arms and heart wide open and living life to the fullest.

Thanks

Jacquelyn
7D9567C8-3F27-49A3-8B3F-D8696249CDA0.jpeg773CC746-48A6-452E-B606-D115C4443124.jpeg

Hi. This is Garry’s other half. On behalf of Garry’s Mom and Dad and myself and Aidan we want to thank all of you for the kind words about Garry. We knew he was special but there is a comfort knowing that others saw it too. We miss him so very much and we will try to carry on and live how he lived - arms and heart wide open and living life to the fullest.

Thanks

Jacquelyn
View attachment 23825View attachment 23826

Hi Jaquelln and welcome again. We are so glad to see you here on the forum. Garry captured the friendship and respect of the forum members with his wit, his farm stories, and of course his words of love for you and his entire family. We miss him very much as well.

Eric

Thank you for joining the forum, Jacquelyn. I am honoured by your presence, and surely do wish that I could do more than just offer you a virtual hug through this place of typed words, but as Garry has proven many times already, those words certainly can make a difference.

I do hope that you find many references and fulfilling comments and conversations as you explore this part of Garry's life. He was and will continue to be an amazing man to so many of us, and an inspiration as well.

Thank you for the pictures as well. His father was always working when Garry was gone, but I did get to meet his mother, and she is an amazing and wonderful woman. It is nice to be able to put some faces to the stories in my head. Again, I thank you for this.

Hello Jacquelyn. As Rruuff Day said,Garry is missed by a lot of people. He really is. He brought a certain spark here without question. Everyone followed his story and there are numerous mentions of you and your son which brought many smiles and laughs to all of us.

Fortunately,I was able to meet him and his mother for a very short time and came away touched and moved by his strength,his drive and most of all his smile. That’s what I remember Jacquelyn. His smile.

I won’t speak for the other two members who shared that afternoon with me. They’ll be along shortly to verify our afternoon with your guy. It was special to say the least.

Thank you so much for introducing yourself here. I’m sure we’d all like to hear some stories from your point of view.

All my best to you J.

Jacquelyn so glad you joined us here. As many before me have said, Garry's posts were always something we looked forward to reading. Whether it was about farming, the weather or his family iy was always entertaining and brought us together in a great discussion and usually laughter.
My wife and i met Garry at one of the first Ponoka Corvette Meet & Greets. What was immediately apparent was Garry's smile, as @MikeysZ06 said above. The other as I learned more about Garry and really became evident last year when I along with others accompanied Garry down to Calgary, his calmness. Or is it focus, knowledge. As I write this a tear is coming to me thinking of you, Aiden and Garry's Mom and Dad. A loss. Thanks for the photos and I see Aiden's striking looks following his Dad's. I'm so glad that everyone, especially Aiden had the time with Garry so he can remember his father and get the smile back on his handsome face.

Thanks Jacquelyn
Paul

Hi Jacquelyn and I wish to add my words to everyone else where in extending a warm, heartfelt welcome. I only knew Garry through the Corvette world but even from as far East as I live he is someone I consider a friend. I thoroughly enjoyed his stories of farm life and the love and pride in his family and as others have expressed, his wit and story telling is sorely missed. Thank-you for taking the time to become a part of our community.

I heard the sad news about two weeks and I'm stunned and saddened at the same time. Jacquelyn, I am so sorry, you and your family are in my thoughts. I have attached a photo I took in April 2013. I picked Garry up at the Hamilton airport and drove him to Breslau to pick up his Corvette. What I still carry to this day is how postive Garry was, simply a joy to be around.
He will be missed.
Wayne

G3.jpg

I heard the sad news about two weeks and I'm stunned and saddened at the same time. Jacquelyn, I am so sorry, you and your family are in my thoughts. I have attached a photo I took in April 2013. I picked Garry up at the Hamilton airport and drove him to Breslau to pick up his Corvette. What I still carry to this day is how postive Garry was, simply a joy to be around.
He will be missed.
Wayne

View attachment 24301

Wow, this memory that you have just shared has just put the start of my day ... right back into a much, much better perspective. Thank you so much for adding the photo too - awesome 😢👍🏻

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread