Regular
You're 5
Nov 27, 2017
Surrey BC
VetteCoins
Car
1987 Corvette coupe,
Hi all and Happy New Year!!
I THINK my heater control valve took a walk as I HAD TONS of heat, now none. I changed thermostats, and did a by-pass of the Throttle Body heater while I was in there as it wasn't done yet. (Cut out the Air filter louvers too on the filter top.) Also MAF Screens and heat sinks. A bit peppier and happier now.

Is there a way I can by-pass the heater control valve?

Hi all....
I got heat back, bypassed the heater control valve till Corvette Specialities gets my new one in. I also reverse and forward flushed everyhing. heater core, block, and rad. the fellow that owned the car before me did not take care of the beast. i found a bunch of rust in the coolant which turned out to be mostly water.

Hi all....
I got heat back, bypassed the heater control valve till Corvette Specialities gets my new one in. I also reverse and forward flushed everyhing. heater core, block, and rad. the fellow that owned the car before me did not take care of the beast. i found a bunch of rust in the coolant which turned out to be mostly water.

Looks like you’ve made good progress on you Corvette Darrell. All the things you were battling with are all getting sorted out. You should be ready to relax and enjoy come spring. :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.