HEY TOXIX ... HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE ???
(let me know if your reply is a new thread - been waiting to hear - although I know getting back has a lot of things to catch up on)
IN GOOD TIME ... PATIENCE WHILE WAITING
CHEERS!

Thank you everyone for your responses, I kept it all in mind and took everything into consideration when I was planning the trip @Spence, I picked up a pair of shoes too!

No kidding about the water! I kept my bottle handy and kept refilling every chance I got.

Okay, finally some time to sit down and provide some feedback.
I loved the experience, took my fiance with me as well. She too enjoyed it as well.

I found the first day to be fairly dry until it came lap time (obviously)
I did like ABS lesson in the water (bringing the vehicle to a complete stop in water + having to perform a rapid lane change in the process)

The instructors were extremely talented, responsive and patient. I was quite impressed with their ability to multitask; Driving in one gear, keeping an eye on all students and managing two radios.

It was disappointing to hear about the 2017 Z06s still overheating. One user complained about the AC shutting down in second lap while another mentioned "Engine power reduced" message showing up on the dash. This was after hours of cooldown too. To my surprise we only had two manual drivers in the class.

The onsite resort/condo was fully booked so we got to stay at the Holiday Inn a couple of miles down the road which was also refreshed and modern.
Would love to go back sometime if they offer a promotion or something for approximately the same cost. I paid for the photography as well as the plaque offered there.

Now some pics!

XnR6yy8.jpg

NUPiEdl.jpg

DLoYGSq.jpg

QDIGq4J.jpg

Oh I wanted to add!

We were split up into a couple of groups. I was paired with 2 other Z06s and 1 Grand Sport. Seems like the group I was in was the least problematic group. We were on point and we were moving quite a bit, our group didn't run into any challenges or problems we did our best to keep up with instructors and they continually gave us extremely positive feedback.

On the other hand, the following morning the instructors also made it seem like this was the worst class they had ever taught lol...
Everytime my group was making our way through the track we would have to slow down or even come to a full stop at the track because someone wiped out, ended up in the grass, dirt, etc or someone was screwing around in the other groups.

Being part of the "faster" group was of huge benefit to me as it seemed like we got the most time to lap. In two occassions the other two groups were pulled off the track while we continued to lap our little hearts out without being stuck behind any of the other groups.

I want to elaborate a little bit on the following morning, upon entering the classroom we were informed that our class seemed to have learned nothing.
"Everything we taught you not to do, you went and did"

Hell, even on our second day of lapping we were pulled back into the classroom because of something that happened on the track.
"Never in my entire history of teaching 20+ years here have I ever seen anyone overheat and kill their brakes in 2 laps"

Seems like there was a lot of screwing around going on in our class group. Oh well!

Awesome to read your words from your experience Elton. I remember taking on the task to introduce myself to as many of the instructors as I could from the get go. In very simple words, I requested that I did not want to be in a group with "racing what-a-be's" and that I was good starting with the "sunday cruisers" and being assessed and moved when they saw fit. In the first day, I was already moved in with the Z06's (in my Stingray) and asked to be kept with Stingrays as I could not get my head around the others having that extra 200 hp (this was my excuse). I eventually found that "want-a-be" in a Z06 being a bit anal behind me ... and I get enough of those in minivans and putt-putts on the roads in Calgary. The remainder of my track lessons had awesome partners.

I am surprised by the course closures, we did not have any in my sessions. Hope the "deductible" did not come in to play for anyone.

It would be good to know if you (or your passengers) find that your driving habit has changed now that you have experienced these "lessons in control".
My Wife has noticed it not only in my Corvette, but also my Sierra (which I must remember that although I have control ... it is not a Corvette).

Also noticed you are in a Grand Sport which they did not have at the beginning of April 2017.
Its good to see they can match everyone with their model now.

Cheers & Thank You my friend !
Spence

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.