Regular
Casual User
Jul 7, 2016
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
17 Grand Sport 3LT
Am so hyped about this.
I have a 17 Grand Sport, Manual reserved for me at Spring Mountain, I'll be making my way there late next week (Thursday)

Just wanted to ask you guys that have been/have an idea of whats included here.
What should I take advantage of here?
Anything I need to know?
How is their gift shop/souvenir store?
Good places to eat in area?
Things for the wife to do?

Unfortunately they ran out of condo space so we will be staying at the closest Holiday Inn and will be renting a car. Won't be extending the stay or anything by much.

Buy your shoes, if you don't have a pair, here from the website as Canadian Dollar is a par on the website.
I would recommend Pilotis as the square heel runner makes your heel tingle.
They have plenty of stuff to buy there but it is primarily Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Corvette logo related.
There is a little bit of Corvette logo only stuff.
I only stayed one night there at the Holiday Inn. There is a selection of restaurants like Dennys and the Chains.
A few specialty restaurants but nothing I could rave on .... small town.

Do Not Speed on the Highway ! The cops are here & there because of that Driver Resort!
They will warn you about it ....

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Driving Shoes, Racing Shoes and Apparel For Sale Online | Piloti

here is the link
buy 1/2 size larger than your normal shoe size.
I have a wide foot and these are comfortable for me as they fit narrow.

So it is definitely not unfortunate to be in the Holiday Inn as a few people who stayed at the resort were mentioning that the rooms were very dated.
So you are on the right path and should have an absolute blast Elton !!!

Make sure to stop in at the Findlay Chevrolet Dealership in Vegas.
They had an absolutely huge inventory of New Corvettes when I was there.
They also have a decent parts/accessory corvette stuff shop in the dealership ... nothing to write about though

Take lots of photos and post them when you get back.
You will also get the opportunity to buy a USB with lots of photos of you driving on the track (but costly ... like $150 USD or a bit more).
I hummed about it and did not buy it ... thought about it over and over once I got home though.
If you have a SD Card Type 10 - 32Gb ... take it. You will be plugging it in and out every time you drive but worth it.
You don't get the same car every time you go on the track as they switch them around.
You also might be in different groups as they shuffle people around so that you run with the same type/quality/ability drivers.

Oh I can go on and on and on ... Elton

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Am so hyped about this.
I have a 17 Grand Sport, Manual reserved for me at Spring Mountain, I'll be making my way there late next week (Thursday)

Anything I need to know?

Unfortunately they ran out of condo space so we will be staying at the closest Holiday Inn and will be renting a car. Won't be extending the stay or anything by much.
I'm jealous !! Have a great time Toxix.

Have fun. Make sure to drink lots of water, most people do not and the heat catches up to you. The resort is great and your wife can usually have lunch with you on site for free. One of the girls at the gift shop recommended Thai Coconut Bay restaurant behind the Wal-Mart. It was excellent, cheap and the portions were huge. If you got in under the summer special your SD card (Must format to Fat 32) may be included. Check your reservation for details. Otherwise not much to do in the town.

You will love this, I was there June 2013 and paid for the extra day, what a blast. I did not have driving shoes but I had converse shoes, they are very soft, the instructor said they where perfect for the heel toe technique. As SN-III said, drink a lot, easy to get dehydrate over there. Sun screen is a must to. Back then the wifes coud go with the instructors during the lessons. Vegas is about 1 hr from there Maybe a few ladys can use one of the rental cars to pass the day on the strip. There is a nice pool on site your wife moght take advantage of. Me and 2 others gest took a car one night an had diner on the strip and finish the evening on Fremont street (crazy place) Take care if you leave the installation, after driving a corvette with your right foot on the floor, it's very easy to speed up and get cought on the road to Parump, ask me how I know!!!

Stephane

Reactions: turbozig
Am so hyped about this.

Anything I need to know?

It is an experience that will last a lifetime. I had a smile on my face from ear to ear that never went away for a week! The resort is top notch in all respects, never had a bad thing to say. All of the staff and instructors are also excellent and very accomadating. Not alot of restaraunts nearby, but the food at the resort is excellent and reasonably priced. The instruction is well layed out and will change the way you drive your Vette. Be sure to pay very close attention to all of the instructors instructions and comments. Lot's of water is a must. Your wife can drive with one of the instructors, very highly recommended. I am going to do a level 2 course in the next couple of years. I can't wait to go back and have the perma-grin once again.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Great facility. Buy a 16g card so you can record every drive. Great food on site and free for you and wife. I should have purchased the $30.00 picture package, but l would recommend it. Not much for shopping in the very small town. Eat a nice dinner at the Winnery
Enjoy the 2 days
Dennis

Your trip is in a few days Elton ... Have a Great Time !!! :Seeya:
Spence

Reminder ... take that Camera !!! We wanna see and hear about it when you are back. Cheers!

Hi there Toxix. I just saw your posting.I just booked yesterday and I am going out there in November to do the school. They put me in the condo. Don't know much about it, but your thread generated some good thought at my end (driving shoes, helmet, car rental). Thanks for the thread (also just purchased a 2017 Grand Sport).
64 Ray

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.