FRC Vette

Casual User
Jun 28, 2017
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2000 FRC
Hi all,

I have a set of LG headers that I would like to get installed. I was going to do this on a friends lift but that lift is going to be occupied for a few more weeks.

Is there a shop in town here that anyone would recommend?

I had my longtubes and full exhaust installed and a custom tune done at Horsepower Solutions. Neil and the boys did a fine job!

Horsepower Solutions | Brutally Fast Street Cars!

Any where else? I called them for a quote and the guy told me "about... uhh .. a thousand - ish ..." I can't really work with that, when other shops are emailing me exact quotes for a fair bit less. I'm not really into the "price of the day/moment" approach... there is another shop in town that gave me 3 different prices on a dyno tune in less than a month who obviously wont be getting my business either.

I put the car up on 24" axle stands last night, but I'm not comfortable being under the car like that.

Reactions: Brent08
Moretto Motorsportz, perhaps? I had work that was done by them years ago, but I have heard that it is different owners now and don't know if even the employees are the same. They did do good work at the time.

I know of a few places in Calgary, but that's a bit of a trip for you.

I have a 4 post lift that can probably handle a vette, live an hour west of deadmonton,
if you bring your own mechanic and insurance it is free,
Jeffy will provide phone number when you send pics of your mechanic, (ok little humour there)

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Moretto Motorsportz, perhaps? I had work that was done by them years ago, but I have heard that it is different owners now and don't know if even the employees are the same. They did do good work at the time.

I know of a few places in Calgary, but that's a bit of a trip for you.

Moretto is defunked now. Back in the day it used to be Campbell automotive owned by Don and Mark Campbell.. was a great outfit. Moretto is a rig rocket shop now called Farleys Diesel .. lifted trucks and diesel tuning... Times change in Alberta.

Reactions: turbozig
I have a 4 post lift that can probably handle a vette, live an hour west of deadmonton,
if you bring your own mechanic and insurance it is free,
Jeffy will provide phone number when you send pics of your mechanic, (ok little humour there)

always humor when Jeff is in the house. Who has a hot mechanic??? Probably not many.

B

Reactions: Brent08
Moretto is defunked now. Back in the day it used to be Campbell automotive owned by Don and Mark Campbell.. was a great outfit. Moretto is a rig rocket shop now called Farleys Diesel .. lifted trucks and diesel tuning... Times change in Alberta.

I used had Campbell Auto several times in the past, from engine builds to rear ends, always was a decent experience.

Hi all,

I have a set of LG headers that I would like to get installed. I was going to do this on a friends lift but that lift is going to be occupied for a few more weeks.

Is there a shop in town here that anyone would recommend?

I have used Thrifty Brake and Muffler on 156 Street several times in the past for custom exhaust work with good results. It has been many years since however. They installed my chambered exhaust system I ordered for my 70 Stingray 5 years ago and performed a decent install.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.