Thats funny Elf, that was going to be my next question! How good is the Nav? I guess I have my answer! I too like my Garmin and wondered if the built in system was any good. Very convenient for sure.

Well I only know "one person" who to be able to get results .:D I've only been able to program mine once or twice and it took a frustrating half hour .Even my son s and grandson had problems .I went on the different forums and discovered it was a common complaint .It's an $1800 option if purchased as a new option .Recently traveled to Florida and I used my Garmin with great success finding all the adult strip joints .

Now the "one person" that I know is Canadian and Canadians have more patients than us south of the boarder ,:seeya:

Hmmmm.......can't find "adult strip joints" in my "points of interest''. Maybe your Garmin is newer than mine......or did you purchase it at The Stag Shop? Thanks for your input about the built in Nav. I prefer the look of the dash without it anyway.

I find the OEM Nav a very good system, but as someone pointed out, you have to learn how to use it. It is not as easy as the Garmin or TOM TOM, but it is just as good or better. It has great features once you learn them.
The reason I like it so much is that it ties in with the HUD, so the directions are always right there in your field of vision whenever a directional manuever is required.
The people that think the OEM Nav sucks, are the ones that won't take the time to learn how to use it correctly. :eek:

The people that think the OEM Nav sucks, are the ones that won't take the time to learn how to use it correctly. :eek:
Well maybe I don't have the patients which is my loss .I'll go out some night when I can't sleep sit there and read the damn book and figure it out .It is a waste not to use :D I'll let ya know in a few months how I did ,mother always said I was a little slow .:D

Well maybe I don't have the patients which is my loss .I'll go out some night when I can't sleep sit there and read the damn book and figure it out .It is a waste not to use :D I'll let ya know in a few months how I did ,mother always said I was a little slow .:D

Slow, lol ........no worries Elf -- the consolation is that you're driving a fast car.....

you're just not sure where the hell you're going.......:rofl:

C.

:D I was the same way, then the tutorial that is listed on this thread was available, easy to follow, and is easier to follow than the manual, although that's good as well.
The Nav has it's own little perks, but once you learn the system, you will like it. Besides, not having to bring along a Garmin and find a place to put it is the bonus of learning the OEM Nav.

Good Luck, and hope you don't have too many sleepless nights :canada:

:D I was the same way, then the tutorial that is listed on this thread was available, easy to follow, and is easier to follow than the manual, although that's good as well.
The Nav has it's own little perks, but once you learn the system, you will like it. Besides, not having to bring along a Garmin and find a place to put it is the bonus of learning the OEM Nav.

Good Luck, and hope you don't have too many sleepless nights :canada:

No ,if we weren't in the middle of another friggin blizzard I'd back the car out of the garage and take all the reading material plus my grandson and start working on it .After 5 years I guess it's time ,that'll be my winter/spring project .

A place for my Garmin is simple ,I ask my wife to hold it between her teeth --It serves a multi purpose .

No ,if we weren't in the middle of another friggin blizzard I'd back the car out of the garage and take all the reading material plus my grandson and start working on it .After 5 years I guess it's time ,that'll be my winter/spring project .

A place for my Garmin is simple ,I ask my wife to hold it between her teeth --It serves a multi purpose .

That is a good idea...:D

Hi everybody, I have just looked at a car that didn't have the H.U.D. Do owners with this feature find it useful or is it a bit of a gimmick? I have never driven a car with this option so have no experience of it. Is it a worthwhile option? My first reaction is "I bet that is expensive to fix". Are they reliable? Looking forward to hearing members opinions on this.

it is a must have - I have difficulty driving a car without it

here is a sample of the track mode

IMG_2675.jpg

Here is a good deal on a HUD going for $359 down from $599 at Parts Taxi if you want to install yourself

Just received this exact kit last week from them. SUmmer project. One question, when I look at the supplied harness ( aftermarket- PT has it made by someone) the wiring gauges sure look light (thin). Anyone know the guage sizing on the OEM harness????

thanks Frank

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.