Jan 30, 2009
Acton Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Vert
We were able to sneak in another Hot Dog Run last night.
A bunch of us from another forum have been doing a Thursday night "Hot Dog Run" for the past 6 years.
We Meet at Yorkdale Mall, At 10 pm we then Cruise down Young Street, sometimes go through Yorkville and eventually end up on Front Street at a Hot Dog Cart in front of the Sky Dome.
On a good night we can average more than 25 cars.

Last night was clear, dry and a bit cool, 2 degrees and we still had 9 cars.

Every November cruise is a bonus. Hopefully we can get a couple more in before we have to put our Hot Rods away for the winter.

Looks like Sunday is going to be sunny and 15 degrees. Time for another cruise:canada:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad to see you're still out there cruising; my Vette's been locked away for a couple of weeks now. :(

Sounds like that would be a good time! And what better venue than hitting up some hot dogs!

It sounds like winter is on it's way there too. Boo-urns! We are at -12 for the next while and looking at 15-25 cm of snow tomorrow. I don't think we'll be sneaking in many more cruises this year.:D

You can keep your snow thank you very much. We were out for a drive Wednesday to visit an elderly lady we know. She would probably be offended at being called elderly. In her 80s, she gets around just fine, drives and is sharp as a tack. Visiting with old people can be a real pleasure. Of course, we are not old ourselves. ;) We might just get out this afternoon for another drive to.....any where. :) Once the salt comes out, the car goes away, but not until.

Brings back memories of our 'cruises' back in the 60's when we left Oakville and ran the Lakeshore to Young, up and down Young and then back along the Lakeshore again.
A much different drive today tho.

Enjoy the cruises, and the dogs. The carts out front of the Center have good eats.

Colin.

Brings back memories of our 'cruises' back in the 60's when we left Oakville and ran the Lakeshore to Young, up and down Young and then back along the Lakeshore again.
A much different drive today tho.

Enjoy the cruises, and the dogs. The carts out front of the Center have good eats.

Colin.

Your right. We left from Clarkson in the 70's, to cruise Young Street and watch the cops chase the hookers out of the body rub parlor's.:D

I've been following these HDR's on Facebook. It looks like good times, but because of my shiftwork hasn't panned out. I'm hoping for next summer.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

We were able to sneak in another Hot Dog Run last night.
A bunch of us from another forum have been doing a Thursday night "Hot Dog Run" for the past 6 years.
We Meet at Yorkdale Mall, At 10 pm we then Cruise down Young Street, sometimes go through Yorkville and eventually end up on Front Street at a Hot Dog Cart in front of the Sky Dome.
On a good night we can average more than 25 cars.

Last night was clear, dry and a bit cool, 2 degrees and we still had 9 cars.

Every November cruise is a bonus. Hopefully we can get a couple more in before we have to put our Hot Rods away for the winter.

Looks like Sunday is going to be sunny and 15 degrees. Time for another cruise:canada:

Hey Mark. It was actually 10 cars.

At Yorkdale.
IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

At Wendy's. This year we've been moving the destination around a bit due to parking as****** cops. Thursday we went to the Wendy's at Lakeshore and Carlaw.
panorama.jpg

Here's the link to the Facebook page. Lots of photos posted.

And here's a post I did back in 2010.
http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/416-519-905/1714-what-hdr.html

Last edited:
That's actually Lakeshore and Leslie. :canada:

:D

Why not park at the burger king across the street? The lot is huge there. :coolgleam:

Lakeshore and Leslie. Sorry, my bad.

We were there last night. Burger King closes at 10pm and no one likes to cross the street to the Timmies/Wendy's.

In the summertime, we do park in that lot as Bikers take over the Timmies side. Hundreds of bikes every Thursday night.

Some pics taken with an iphone. Not a good choice for night time shooting.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread