Mar 4, 2023
Bienfait, Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Stingray coupe
Province
SK
Screened in my grill screens with a finer screen door mesh. Keeps rads from plugging up with bugs.

Attachments

• 1A679876-72AF-4F06-BABC-D1340AEDA0B3.jpeg
    1A679876-72AF-4F06-BABC-D1340AEDA0B3.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 745
Bugs still get through and plug the rads. This prevents that. I’ve done it on my vehicles for years.
Bugs won't fall off a screen that tight. Bugs on a rad are different than bugs on a screen in front of the rads. What's the R rating of bugs anyway? ;)
Plus your Camaro was not rear engined with all the cooling challenges that creates.

Bugs won't fall off a screen that tight. Bugs on a rad are different than bugs on a screen in front of the rads. What's the R rating of bugs anyway? ;)
Plus your Camaro was not rear engined with all the cooling challenges that creates
They do fall off. I have several vehicles and all are screened in. If it’s a problem it’s easy to remove them. Rads do plug up here. My Camaro would be filled up with grasshoppers in the front rads and it’s a pain getting them out.

They do fall off. I have several vehicles and all are screened in. If it’s a problem it’s easy to remove them. Rads do plug up here. My Camaro would be filled up with grasshoppers in the front rads and it’s a pain getting them out.
You just contradicted yourself. They fall off but you also have to remove them. lol
Anyway, I've never been to Sask, so you know better than I about your situation.
My tractor has a tight screen. It gets clogged all the time and I have to clean it. The screen door on our sunroom that has air moving through it all the time, gets clogged up and I have to clean it. I've never had to clean a rad on any of my cars in my over 50 years of car ownership. I worry more about stones than bugs.

wondering if grill guards (from ACS) can be installed without raising the car at all???
I believe the grill guards from ACS are the Scrape Armour grill guards. I put them on myself and yes the front of the car will have to be raised or lifted to make the project “less frustrating”.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.