You just contradicted yourself. They fall off but you also have to remove them. lol
Anyway, I've never been to Sask, so you know better than I about your situation.
My tractor has a tight screen. It gets clogged all the time and I have to clean it. The screen door on our sunroom that has air moving through it all the time, gets clogged up and I have to clean it. I've never had to clean a rad on any of my cars in my over 50 years of car ownership. I worry more about stones than bugs.
Been doing it for years with no problems. Car ran 78 C in 29 C weather last week so don’t see any problems with temps. Also I said “if it’s a problem” I can remove the screens, which I have never had too.

Hello all. Just added my condenser grill guards. Bought a roll of black plastic chicken coop mesh off Amazon. Made up some templates left and right. Drivers side has the Frunk cut out.
You can see I added a 2” lip so to cover the condenser in the middle portion of the grill. That way no need to add the two centre ones.
It actually curls in nicely so not to see the grills on either side of licence plate.

Attachments

• 8D5E37DB-3E2E-43A4-AF67-32FABEDCFE73.jpeg
    8D5E37DB-3E2E-43A4-AF67-32FABEDCFE73.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 563AB7D3-80DB-4B8C-902C-BFDD436CE776.jpeg
    563AB7D3-80DB-4B8C-902C-BFDD436CE776.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • F5445F38-727B-47D1-8417-1CAE47A2A23E.jpeg
    F5445F38-727B-47D1-8417-1CAE47A2A23E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 32FF75D5-1C15-49C3-9EFF-07A120D6DABE.jpeg
    32FF75D5-1C15-49C3-9EFF-07A120D6DABE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 8A35F10B-A514-4979-BB66-6B0161C8CB82.jpeg
    8A35F10B-A514-4979-BB66-6B0161C8CB82.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: butsy
Hello all. Just added my condenser grill guards. Bought a roll of black plastic chicken coop mesh off Amazon. Made up some templates left and right. Drivers side has the Frunk cut out.
You can see I added a 2” lip so to cover the condenser in the middle portion of the grill. That way no need to add the two centre ones.
It actually curls in nicely so not to see the grills on either side of licence plate.
Forgot to give one more measurement.
Bottom line from the 12” dot mark, to the 1 3/4” , the space between is 1 7/8”. So total from the 12” dot to corner is 3 5/8 “ to the corner.

Thanks for the measurements, i will do as a temp solution as I like this one from Amazon, it goes over the rad, much cheaper too but I have to drop the front bumper. Have you done any DIY for the side rads?

Thanks for the measurements, i will do as a temp solution as I like this one from Amazon, it goes over the rad, much cheaper too but I have to drop the front bumper. Have you done any DIY for the side rads?
Hello fl4637. No DIY for the side rads. Had a Cayman S prior and never had any issues with debris going in there. If you suck up a bag or leaves you can see it plain as day. Easy to remove.
I did use black touch up paint for the silver screw and brackets inside the side vents. Now you don’t even see them as they stuck out like a soar thumb.

My front radiators have 2 damaged fins and it’s bothering the heck out of me.
So quit looking at them! ;)
Do you have screens on them? If not, put some on and the bent fins will be less noticable. If you do have screens then go back to my first comment! ;)

So quit looking at them! ;)
Do you have screens on them? If not, put some on and the bent fins will be less noticable. If you do have screens then go back to my first comment! ;)
for what its worth, I 100% guarantee you that almost everyone's car when bought 'new' (all Brands) has a couple fins on their Rad / Cooling unit slightly damaged before the car is even driven. The auto manufacturer has limits on what is acceptable to install on a car. The fins are so fragile and flimsy that anytime somebody handles this part, there is risk to damaging the fins, but has not affect on how the part will function, so I wouldn't worry too much about damage, as every car will have some....

for what its worth, I 100% guarantee you that almost everyone's car when bought 'new' (all Brands) has a couple fins on their Rad / Cooling unit slightly damaged before the car is even driven. The auto manufacturer has limits on what is acceptable to install on a car. The fins are so fragile and flimsy that anytime somebody handles this part, there is risk to damaging the fins, but has not affect on how the part will function, so I wouldn't worry too much about damage, as every car will have some....
Ya, I could be wrong, but I think he is more worried about looks. Tadge and others have said that bent fins don't harm their effectiveness.

Ya, I could be wrong, but I think he is more worried about looks. Tadge and others have said that bent fins don't harm their effectiveness.
If he's worried about 'looks', and If I see somebody on their hands and knees looking that closely at my car, I'm calling the Cops!! lol

He should know by now that when using anything “ stiff “ you should be gentle . lol .
All depends on who, I mean what your being gentle to! LOL
Seriously though Depending on how many are bent one could use a plastic knife to straighten them I suppose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.