sat aug 22 kent and i will be heading back to shannonville to run the studebaker in their next nostalgia meet. the car is tuned and sounds good, i hope to pick up the 7/10's i lost last time out. if the dollar ever gets back i'd like to start building the 406 small block. be cool to get into the 6's in the 1/8th mile.

The way the shaker sounds right now you will pick up time for sure.Let,s get a look at the throttle to see if it is getting full throttle then you you will turn some times.Cant wait to get there bud a few more sleeps.

Kent

my tuning paid off. i shaved a half second off the last outing. ran a best of 7.68 and made it to the third round. ran 7.68, 7.68, and 7.70 on a 7.66 dial in. was very happy with the car's performance and there is still more in it with some tinkering. even though i lost the third round i didn't feel bad because my opponent is a great guy and we really enjoy racing each other and socializing. we both wanted the right lane and had to cut cards for lane choice. bill won and his vw gasser performed beautifully. it was very close but bill's reaction time was a little better than mine. that's racin' !!! lol.

if the dollar ever gets to a reasonable level i am going to put on a pair of AFR 195 heads. i will be able to use them as well when i build the 406 small block. the headers on the car i believe are stopping me from making more power and i will look into custom fit fenderwell units. everything else on the car will easily handle more power.

my opponent in the third round. bill villneff and his 65 VW gasser. bill edged me out with a tad better reaction time.

11887943_10152881484390876_1733549536853192308_n.jpg

Just got wind of your latest visit to Shannonville....Congrats on the trophy -- well earned.

.....and you've really got that baby dialed in don't you Doug........Excellent times..........so did Bill and his bug leave a little early or were you slower out of the hole?
Did you get a rematch while switching lanes or was it too busy?

Murray is right -- the Stude looks awesome. You've spent time on her since you got her last year. Great paint and body work. She looks boss.

Is the season done now or are there still more meets?

I've forgotten what your 7.68 times convert to in the quarter. She looks like she'll do 10 or 11 seconds. PDQ......she easy to hang on to up top?

Congrats on the poster. A definite keeper. Is that in the garage or the family room?

Great stuff Doug. Continued success......Sounds like you're having a ball. Wish I could share it with you.

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread