Extended warranty is a huge cash cow for the dealership. Of course he wants it now. You have bumper to bumper for 3 years and powertrain for 5 years. Zero deductible. I considered an extended warranty with a hundred dollar deductible when mine turned three. After consideration and three years of zero problems I declined. The seven year extended doesn't come into effect until your regular warranty expires and you will only have four years of additional coverage. You can buy anytime up until 3 years and if you do, negotiate hard. There is a giant markup and they have lots of room to come down to make the sale. When I walked, they dropped $1000.00 as I was going out the door. Still didn't convince me. JMO

It's insurance. I paid for it. I bought an '88 Baretta and have a foot high pile of paperwork to prove it. Luckily I had the extended warranty.
This is a brand new car. not a new model of an old line. Only one part is the same. It's your money. Roll the dice and take your chances.

Only two parts were the same on the brand new C7 as well... The roof latch and the cabin air filter. Likely won't have problems with the C8 roof latch as it has proven itself. You will have a better idea after two or three years while you're still on free warranty. Again....JMO

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
I took the extended warranty. Watch out for the mileage limit. If it wasn't for CV-19 I might have blown threw the mileage limitation before the actual warranty year limit.
Bought it for peace of mind as I had planned on doing some US travels which have been blown away as well.
The main push the dealers get to you with is because of all the electronics. One friend in the electronics business said that if the electronics are going to crap out it will usually happen within three months. After that it is the luck of the draw.
Brought mine in under warranty this last spring. Luckily it was under the extended warranty.
The auxiliary power supply plug in the trunk crapped out. Couldn.t claim warranty as it was only a $78 fix to change out the plug. Anyone ever get their Vette repaired for $78? Under the deductible warranty limit so I paid out of pocket.

So if you want peace of mind go for it. Otherwise more than most likely not worth it - IMHO

That is one hell of a lot of dinaro!
Ya, but like I said in the late 80's early 90's GM paid thousands to fix my Beretta. I think the extended warranty in those days was like $500 or something. Brand new car with a Corvette logo. Already there are valve spring issues. If it happened outside warranty it could be devastating.

My dealership dropped the price $1,000.00 to $2,900.00 but they said I could renew it anytime before the 3 years is up. I like that deal.

I understood the powertrain warranty was still 5 years on the powertrain. Since the 7 year extended warranty begins the day you bought the car whether you buy the extended warranty then or at the 3 year mark, that's only an additional 2 years on the powertrain. My dealer shot himself in the foot for not clarifying this to me until I read the fine print. The other thing that turned me off was the limitations on the so called extended "full coverage" plan. He told me to replace a headlight was $1,400.00 to show the value of the extended plan, which in the fine print, along with a long list of other things is not covered. But, that being said, if it lets you sleep better at night, go for it.

Hi
I pick up my car on Thursday, should I buy the extended warranty now or wait? The dealer said I will lose my zero deductible if I do....
Love the "scare tactic" selling - NOT !!! That is usually my first test for knowing who is actually benefitting from any purchase/contract/proposal.
This is why I do not have extended warranties on any of my 5 GM Vehicles (2015,2016,2017,2017 & 2019) in my fleet.
Quite frankly though, I might have to consider the warranty if only buying a first-year revamped model/powertrain release as in the 2020 Corvette and the 2020 Buick Encore GX (3-cyl).
That is the #1 reason why I am not buying either of them right away.
I am never sold by scare tactic methods what-so-ever as in this case the zero-deductible among the norm of service-cost hypothetical scares no doubt.
It is purely peace-of-mind assurance so each individual purchase has this on the table to consider. Totally an individual's choice and
I think you might be able to buy the warranty at any dealer if you shop around - so a best price demand might be in order. JMO

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.