Oct 10, 2023
VetteCoins
I heard American buyers getting GM points/dollars with the purchase of their C8s. Was this never an option for us Canadians? I contacted their support and they said the program isn't available to Canadians

I did happen to get a thermos and Corvette hat from their customer service 😅

They did inform me I would be receiving the miniature replica of my Vette

No points for Canada. Instead we were treated to the highest one year price increase in the 70 year history of Corvette!
They probably didn't happen to mention when your model would be arriving? Current wait times are over a year and a half.

Mr. Corvette, correct me if I'm wrong but I think when I got my model for my 2020 Coupe it came with the certificate for the Ron Fellows driving school? If that's the case that means I'll be waiting a year and a half for that as well for my 2023? I never ended up going for my 2020 as Covid hit and travelling out of the country was a big problem at the time. I was hoping to go this year.

Mr. Corvette, correct me if I'm wrong but I think when I got my model for my 2020 Coupe it came with the certificate for the Ron Fellows driving school? If that's the case that means I'll be waiting a year and a half for that as well for my 2023? I never ended up going for my 2020 as Covid hit and travelling out of the country was a big problem at the time. I was hoping to go this year.
I am going this week. No certificate, just give your VIN and tell them it’s a Canadian car. It takes them a few days to confirm with GM ( they can’t check Canadian cars on their own) and they will confirm your booking after. They held my dates while GM confirmed.

What others are saying is correct, just call them with your VIN # and ask for available dates. Do not wait for the model as you will miss your opportunity to go.
Let them know what your car's delivery date was so they can fit you in within 1 year of your delivery.

I agree - I am only 45 minutes away - couldn't agree more. Why don't they offer driver opportunities up here as part of the Canadian Contingency for the rest of us?
gm is like shingles. They don't care! lol

They have something similar but its only one day and its not just the C8 you drive. You drive C8's Camaro's and Cadillac's. Its $1500 Canadian vs $1000 USD for the one in Nevada but then again you have to factor in the flights and a rental car when you go to the US course. It will work out cheaper in Canada but its half the amount of days.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We do have the Ron Fellows Driving Experience here at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – I have attached a copy of the brochure for you.

The price per driver is $1,449.00 + HST which includes the full program – safety training and equipment, lead/follow sessions in all 3 high performance vehicle models (Corvette C8, Cadillac Blackwing and Camaro), hot laps with our pro-instructors along with a catered gourmet dinner and drinks following your on-track experience. In total, the event runs from approximately 4-9 PM. Please note, all drivers must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license. Additional guests for dinner (non-drivers) are $200 + HST each.

We currently have spaces for individuals available on the following dates… Wednesday, May 22nd Wednesday, June 26th

Please let me know if you have any questions or would be interested in booking for one of the above dates.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Ashley Johnstone
Account Executive

They have something similar but its only one day and its not just the C8 you drive. You drive C8's Camaro's and Cadillac's. Its $1500 Canadian vs $1000 USD for the one in Nevada but then again you have to factor in the flights and a rental car when you go to the US course. It will work out cheaper in Canada but its half the amount of days.

Hi Peter,

We do have the Ron Fellows Driving Experience here at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – I have attached a copy of the brochure for you.

The price per driver is $1,449.00 + HST which includes the full program – safety training and equipment, lead/follow sessions in all 3 high performance vehicle models (Corvette C8, Cadillac Blackwing and Camaro), hot laps with our pro-instructors along with a catered gourmet dinner and drinks following your on-track experience. In total, the event runs from approximately 4-9 PM. Please note, all drivers must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license. Additional guests for dinner (non-drivers) are $200 + HST each.

We currently have spaces for individuals available on the following dates… Wednesday, May 22nd Wednesday, June 26th

Please let me know if you have any questions or would be interested in booking for one of the above dates.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Ashley Johnstone
Account Executive
Like your wife always says ... "I told you so!" ;)

Hi Peter,

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Ashley Johnstone
Account Executive
It'd be kinda neat to get to drive the different cars, but the one day thing is a bummer. I'm doing the Vegas course on May 24 weekend, it's definitely going to add up with the flights, hotels, parking, rental car etc, but I figure it's probably a once in a lifetime thing for me so worth the cash.

It'd be kinda neat to get to drive the different cars, but the one day thing is a bummer. I'm doing the Vegas course on May 24 weekend, it's definitely going to add up with the flights, hotels, parking, rental car etc, but I figure it's probably a once in a lifetime thing for me so worth the cash.
Not too bad overall, I got a flight for 368$, used hotel points and rented a cheap car for 180.

Probably doesn’t work out to a whole lot more than the unsubsidized Canadian course.

Long travel for 2 days though but totally worth it.

Day 2 tomorrow for Stingray course

Those Z06s on the far track sound amazing!