6shiftin

2 You're 10
Feb 19, 2013
Hampton, ON.
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Corvette conver
The GM Canada version that utilizes visuals from the GM U.S. Z06 configurator that we have seen for a while, is showing the Z06 Canadian pricing that has been kicking around here for a bit. But on all Stingray and Z06 models it is showing a $664 credit before the final price. Is this some kind of program that is available in Canada if financing is not used?

Yes ALLFLASH, as 81Wayne mentioned just go to the Gm Canada site and select the Build and Price option and it now includes a selection for Z06's.

But whether you select Stingray or Z06 there is a credit showing at the bottom with a ^ reference symbol, but no such reference note seems to exist to explain what this $664 credit is all about.

I am enjoying the responses so far, but the reality is that there is a $750 Holiday Bonus available to anyone ordering and taking delivery of a 2015 Chevrolet, GMC or Buick, who makes the purchase during the month of December. This is the same as the GM Loyalty offer that was in place prior to December. The problem is that you have to take delivery of a 2015 model to qualify, which eliminates an awful lot of Z06 buyers. The $664 is simply the $750 with the HST backed out here in Ontario. I suspect the amount varies depending on the postal code you entered on the website, to reflect different provincial taxes.

The holiday bonus is to entice sales and dealership traffic since with winter coming up the dealers need to get cars off the lots to take new inventory in January. Winter is not a strong sales period for car sales. I am very close to a local dealer and he tells me that they would be in real trouble without having the holiday bonus to keep sales up. This is the best time to buy any car no matter what brand you are interested in.

Funny enough, it is actually marketing, nothing else. The "Holiday Bonus" is the exact same program that existed for the previous 4 months, referred to as GM Owner Loyalty, same parameters, same dollar values. The deal to buy at this time of year is exactly the same as it was in November, or previously, except that in some cases, on VERY specific models, there might be an additional bonus to move slow movers, or some restrictions on leasing, on past model year cars.

Winter definitely is not the strongest season for sales, for a variety of reasons, especially in Canada, as weather can play a role.

The question all have to ask is whether this even really matters? You can order a new Z06 oiff the configurator, but can that get you an allocation...or is this just a waste of time as their are such limited allocations?

The question all have to ask is whether this even really matters? You can order a new Z06 oiff the configurator, but can that get you an allocation...or is this just a waste of time as their are such limited allocations?

Right, as I said, the credit is only good if you order AND take delivery of a 2015 model, which is pretty much impossible on a Z06 if you haven't already ordered it. Regular Vette, probably tough, also, but not totally impossible maybe... The system is simply designed to apply the existing GM Canada incentives to every vehicle on the configurator, whether available or not..

Happy New Year to all!

Bang on... they can offer $30000 off and no cars.... what a joke and I see tons of Z's in US dealer inventory.... The US forum vendors post them like they are a dime a dozen..........:banghead: Happy New Year all and GM are you listening?

ps- and Sherwood's 20K extra is for US models and they are quoting US pricing....... go figure.........

Sherwood... Quality Dealer.... I have been trying to assist a member of another forum who has been in line for quite awhile now....for a StingRay. From what he states, Sherwood moved him back in line as their preferential customers are closer to their store; he is in Ottawa. We advised him to ask about allocation and when he can expect to get his vehicle, to no avail from them. He subsequently approached them for return of deposit to move elsewhere and they said they would not return the deposit; he would have to wait....

Sherwood... Quality Dealer.... I have been trying to assist a member of another forum who has been in line for quite awhile now....for a StingRay. From what he states, Sherwood moved him back in line as their preferential customers are closer to their store; he is in Ottawa. We advised him to ask about allocation and when he can expect to get his vehicle, to no avail from them. He subsequently approached them for return of deposit to move elsewhere and they said they would not return the deposit; he would have to wait....

Unbelievable!! How does a company like this stay in business?? If his deposit is not too high, can he get a C7 elsewhere given that Sherwood is charging a premium? Would he loose money if he bought from another dealer is my question?

Yes I understand now. I did not make the connection between the $750 holiday savings that I saw and the $664 before Ontario 13% HST. So cannot really be relied on to be available at time of delivery on a 2016 Z06 order that would likely be 18 months away, with at least one price increase in between.

Yes I understand now. I did not make the connection between the $750 holiday savings that I saw and the $664 before Ontario 13% HST. So cannot really be relied on to be available at time of delivery on a 2016 Z06 order that would likely be 18 months away, with at least one price increase in between.

It can be relied on to NOT be available on a 2016 model, for sure. GM Canada has simply set up their pricing system to reflect all currently available incentives for immediate delivery, as opposed to attempting to guess when you are planning/expecting to get the car. These incentives ARE available to anyone taking delivery currently... even on the Z06. It is really the only way GM Canada can set up their system, if you think about. Full disclosure, show everything available for current delivery, otherwise they would get accused of hiding incentives... :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.