With almost all C8’s likely sold and gone soon after delivery and none sitting on a dealer’s lot, how will this new system change much? OR will it only affect dealers who brought cars in for their dealership, marked up the price +++ and that kept the car at the dealership longer???

If it takes allotments away from those latter dealers and into the hands of those selling at MSRP, I’m all for it!

With almost all C8’s likely sold and gone soon after delivery and none sitting on a dealer’s lot, how will this new system change much? OR will it only affect dealers who brought cars in for their dealership, marked up the price +++ and that kept the car at the dealership longer???

If it takes allotments away from those latter dealers and into the hands of those selling at MSRP, I’m all for it!
Good point. Most C8s that arrive at a dealer are pre sold, I would think? So, I am unclear how the new system changes anything? Any dealer I have spoken to and it is many because I am trying to get a Z06, or, failing that, be first in line for an E-Ray, tell me that there list is way longer than they can supply. Maybe Murray can clear this up??

Reactions: vinny's vette
IMO the lists will be easier to maintain.
Lets say that Mr. C wants a Z06 and he is now third in line behind Mr. A & B who want Stingrays, when the allocation comes up and a Z06 is available, but the dealer only gets 2 allocations (and I'm assuming from conversations here that they can create as many as the can sell) then Mr. C. gets nothing yet, but moves up to number 1.
If there were separate lists then Mr. C. would get a Z06 and Mr. B would have to wait even though he put his deposit down before Mr. C.
I think it's a more fair way of doing things and won't be a Mr.E (lol Mystery)

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
I thought this ADS system meant the following comparing 2 fictional GM dealers:

A. Dealer One: a dealer that historically received 100 C8’s every year, and took an average of 4 days to sell each C8;

B. Dealer Two: a dealer that received 80 C8’s in 2020 and 80 C8’s in 2021 and 80 C8’s in 2022 (so lower average of 80/year) but took only 2 days on average to sell each C8.

The Average Daily Supply (ADS) score of each dealer would be 400 for Dealer One (100x4) and 160 for Dealer Two (80x2).

Dealer Two under the old model would expect to see another 200 C8’s in 2023 (combined Stingrays and ZO6’s) but because it’s ADS score is higher than Dealer Two, it will receive fewer allocations and Dealer Two will get more than it’s usual 80. So GM is rewarding dealers who move their product faster, by sending them more replacement allocations to fill the stock void they’ve created faster than Dealer One.

I’m #5 on a dealer’s 2023 ZO6 list. I’m told I’ll get the #5 ZO6 the dealer gets, ahead of others after me on the list. That same dealer has a 2023 Stingray list. Let’s say the dealer gets 50 allocations instead of its usual number of 40, since the dealer moves its Corvettes quickly; after 2 days on average (likely true) and has a lower ADS than other dealers. Now let’s assume ZO6 production is 25% of Stingray production (GM will set the rate) resulting in my dealer getting roughly 12 ZO6’s and 38 Stingrays in 2023. The first 12 on the ZO6 list (me included) and the first 38 on the Stingray list, will get their allocations in 2023 and the rest will rollover onto the 2024 list and (for example) whoever was #13 on the 2023 ZO6 list will be #1 on the 2024 ZO6 list. This assumes people stay on the list (they don’t turn down their allocation, which can happen).

And this assumes the dealer is NOT taking allocations for itself and NOT playing games and favouring family members/friends with allocations ahead of customers who have placed earlier deposits and gotten on a list earlier.

So I see the ADS system changing the number of allocations at the dealer/GM level, but not changing the order of allocations at the customer/dealer level.

Any dealer sponsors on these Forums care to confirm or provide better insight??

IMO the lists will be easier to maintain.
Lets say that Mr. C wants a Z06 and he is now third in line behind Mr. A & B who want Stingrays, when the allocation comes up and a Z06 is available, but the dealer only gets 2 allocations (and I'm assuming from conversations here that they can create as many as the can sell) then Mr. C. gets nothing yet, but moves up to number 1.
If there were separate lists then Mr. C. would get a Z06 and Mr. B would have to wait even though he put his deposit down before Mr. C.
I think it's a more fair way of doing things and won't be a Mr.E (lol Mystery)
Got it. Thanks Murray. Confirms that I will not be getting one - LOL.

I thought this ADS system meant the following comparing 2 fictional GM dealers:

A. Dealer One: a dealer that historically received 100 C8’s every year, and took an average of 4 days to sell each C8;

B. Dealer Two: a dealer that received 80 C8’s in 2020 and 80 C8’s in 2021 and 80 C8’s in 2022 (so lower average of 80/year) but took only 2 days on average to sell each C8.

The Average Daily Supply (ADS) score of each dealer would be 400 for Dealer One (100x4) and 160 for Dealer Two (80x2).

Dealer Two under the old model would expect to see another 200 C8’s in 2023 (combined Stingrays and ZO6’s) but because it’s ADS score is higher than Dealer Two, it will receive fewer allocations and Dealer Two will get more than it’s usual 80. So GM is rewarding dealers who move their product faster, by sending them more replacement allocations to fill the stock void they’ve created faster than Dealer One.

I’m #5 on a dealer’s 2023 ZO6 list. I’m told I’ll get the #5 ZO6 the dealer gets, ahead of others after me on the list. That same dealer has a 2023 Stingray list. Let’s say the dealer gets 50 allocations instead of its usual number of 40, since the dealer moves its Corvettes quickly; after 2 days on average (likely true) and has a lower ADS than other dealers. Now let’s assume ZO6 production is 25% of Stingray production (GM will set the rate) resulting in my dealer getting roughly 12 ZO6’s and 38 Stingrays in 2023. The first 12 on the ZO6 list (me included) and the first 38 on the Stingray list, will get their allocations in 2023 and the rest will rollover onto the 2024 list and (for example) whoever was #13 on the 2023 ZO6 list will be #1 on the 2024 ZO6 list. This assumes people stay on the list (they don’t turn down their allocation, which can happen).

And this assumes the dealer is NOT taking allocations for itself and NOT playing games and favouring family members/friends with allocations ahead of customers who have placed earlier deposits and gotten on a list earlier.

So I see the ADS system changing the number of allocations at the dealer/GM level, but not changing the order of allocations at the customer/dealer level.

Any dealer sponsors on these Forums care to confirm or provide better insight??
All well and good if dealers could have stock. They can't and they all can sell all they get and cars don't sit on the dealers lot. The ADS system would only work for small cars or not high demand trucks etc.

All well and good if dealers could have stock. They can't and they all can sell all they get and cars don't sit on the dealers lot. The ADS system would only work for small cars or not high demand trucks etc.
I was into my dealer two days ago. Nothing in the showroom except two new pick-ups and two C7s at crazy prices. I got a great trade-in on my 2016 C7 stingray for my 2022 C8 - saves a lot of tax (25% here in BC)

Reactions: Murray20c8
I was into my dealer two days ago. Nothing in the showroom except two new pick-ups and two C7s at crazy prices. I got a great trade-in on my 2016 C7 stingray for my 2022 C8 - saves a lot of tax (25% here in BC)
Ya, I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Supply is low for many things with covid still reeking havoc.

errrrr.... As much as I tried to follow this Mr. A, Mr. B, Mr. C, Mr. Magoo conversation, it lost me half way through.... Damn I'm glad I'm more that happy with my C7. :Biggrin:
Don't blame you. I really liked my C7. I actually do miss it to be honest with you. It is a great car and gave me a lot of pleasure.:Cheers2:

From Bob Meyer on the midengine forum. This makes sense.

There may not be separate allocation groups, but GM will still limit the number of Z06s that can be built in any given cycle. They won't be building 100% Z06s in any given month. It will probably go something like this: For this month, you get 50 allocations, of which 18 can be used for z06s. That would let the dealer order anywhere between 0 and 18 Z06s, or between 32 and 50 Stingrays, depending on their needs.

If they had separate allocation groups, and the same dealer was given 18 Z06 allocations and 32 Stingray allocations, but only had 10 Z06 orders, they would still only be able to order 32 Stingrays. Or if they had 50 Stingray buyers who had been waiting longer than any Z06 buyers, they wouldn't be able to prioritize those 50.

This system gives dealers more flexibility to prioritize people who have been waiting longer, regardless of which model they want. Of course, it won't prevent a dealer from putting 18 Z06 buyers ahead of the same number of Stingray buyers, even if they haven't been on the list as long. Some dealers will do that in order to maximize revenue, I'm sure.

Yes; but, remember. I think Z06 production will be limited because the new engine is hand built?
Yes, he said that, but also many here seem to think they can keep up with demand. I'm not so sure, but that's just a guess on my part.

Reactions: Zedder
I know that Bill Spencer will still be working from two separate lists...C8 Stingray and C8 Z06.

Should they receive 20 allocations for 2023s in March they will be told how many Z06 and how many C8 they can order. So if they are told 15 Stingray and 5 Z06 then they will take the next 15 on the Stingray list and first 5 on the Z06 list.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedVette70
Do you think the carbon fibre shortage of parts !
like the the wings and engine bay. Will also effect the Z06 in that matter
Who knows what goes on in the minds of GM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread