I saw a couple of c3 yesterday on the road

:eek:

I hope they've had a good coating of oil underneath.

I'm with Brian and Keith. The weekend looks good here but the middle of next week is going to get cold again with some chance of snow. You can't count on spring around these parts until April. I'd like a week of rain to wash the streets first.

Holy Monsoons batman --- Sunday will bring up to an inch of rain -- Wayne -- there goes the drive but at least it'll clean things up somewhat.

Forget the car keys -- grab the brolly.......:rofl:

C.

Yes ,it's coming our way when your done with it :D Thank you Canada for lettin up on the snow.

LOL Elf -- you want an inch of rain in stead?:rofl:

You might be getting it anyway so watch out -- and come to think of it forget the brolly and get the ark out just in case.

You never know what to expect with weather these days......:rolleyes:

C.

Couldn't wait any longer :D:canada::D shortly after lunch, out she went.....

Observations:

Last year being very lazy I hooked the CTEK up using the cigarette lighter plug instead of under the hood directly to the battery , "what difference would a few feet of wire make I reasoned?" ... the answer "nothing" it fired right up as if it hadn't been asleep these last 4 months

Finished with the clay bar and gave the wheels a preliminary cleaning.

Also took a bit of time to tart up the steering wheel:

Swheel.jpg

..simply beautiful out, no insurance on it so I didn't hit the road. Besides I am still waiting for Monday's rain to wash the salt of the roads.

Back in the garage again but it won't be long... :seeya:

Mar102013-L.jpg

..almost forgot 10c!!!!!!!!!!

calling for snow later in the week :(

Last edited:
Wayne, I sure like the steering wheel emblem. Something that GM should have done in the first place. :coolgleam:

You have a fair bit of snow there as well but we still have more.

Wow that's looking nice Wayne -- You've got one beautiful ride there.....:D

Love the "tart" job on the S/wheel -- As Greg said, it should have come that way from the factory. Nice job.

The Ctek is fine hooked into the cig/lighter: If you opt for the battery charger option from the factory you get a plug (only) settup for the lighter outlet -- I got one with my GS and gave it to Terry since he liked it so much.

What beauty day today -- I was almost tempted to get mine out but resisted for a few reasons. :D

Looks like you're ready for the season -- Can't wait for it to begin.

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines.

C.

How many remembered to "spring the clock ahead " in your car ? I did , although I did have to get the book out to learn how .. :D

There's always one or two here that get forgotten -- the answering machine and the water softener are 2 that come to mind. The vette gets done when it comes out for the season.

C.

Good morning Wayne,

Well telling this story can be depressing. We actually had one year, in the 1990's I believe, in which it snowed in every since month. Not a desirable thing for growing crops!

Normally, if I can use that word, early to mid-April we should see the snow going since the desired time to be planting crops is May 1st. So we need the snow to melt, ground to dry and warm up.

But we've had blizzards say the 20th of May that have shut down seeding for a week.....!

I never mentioned this, but while I was not hateful toward having cancer itself, there has alway been one aspect of having cancer that was the most and still remains the most difficult for me.

The 2007 2nd year treatment (high dose chemo with stem cell therapy) was done inthirds and the final thrid saw me go into isolation in mid-April. I think over about four weeks I left my hospital room once and never went outside. There was snow on the ground when I went in and when I came out people cutting their grass, having BBQ's and running. WHile some people con't care for the seasons in Canada for me it is one of the aspects that I actually enjoy about living here. Having four seasons and the dramatic changes between them helps me to judge the passage of time, likewise with the change in the number of hours of daylight throughtout the year. Spring is the best of seasons for me with the increase in temperature, daylight and things coming to life again, leaves coming out on trees, grass getting green and all of that. It is by far the most vibrant and dynamic points in the year for me. I missed this in 2007 and I've never been able to get over it. As spring only happens once a year so potentially 75 to 100 times on ones life I missed one of these periods in time and can never get it back again. If there is a plus, it made experiencing spring all the more special to me, assuming I could achieve that. It is the one thing that I long for now and why being outside and feeling the sun on my face is something that money can't truely buy in my case.

So when I hear about you fellows in Ontario having +15 and getting your cars out I am so very jealous! This why I've been trying to think about how logistically to come out there for a couple of days before I come to bring the car home. Sort of like having two springs and maybe in a very, very small way, to help me make up for the one spring I missed............

Cheers,

Garry

Garry you are more than welcome to come here for spring anytime you wish, and as for being jealous, well I have seen your car and I have to tell you the thought of having that much power under the hood does turn me, and I suspect others, a little green.

Spring here is nice but I don't have much love for the incredible humidity we get in the summer. Nothing is perfect, just enjoy the good times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.