Great story RC1 and nice plan. I'm going through resurrecting a '67 with much of the same story of sitting for a long time too. It's a numbers correct car and highly optioned but unfortunately not in the condition that yours was in. It really helps to motivate me to read and see stories like this. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks guys for the kind words

Hey jcpstrat would love to see pictures of your build along the way !! Good luck with it

I am no where near done, but plan on putting some miles on it, put about 1 mile on it so far at the end of the day Thursday just checking things out and so far it felt sooo goood !! But weather has been windy and rain since, so I have a few things to double check idle mixture etc., a few things to start cleaning and maybe get a few miles in today weather permitting.
Will try and post some pics later of some of the build
Have a good long weekend!!!! Everybody

Thanks RC1. I've checked out all your pics so far and it looks really sweet! Looking forward to seeing/hearing more. In '65 your color of Nassau Blue looks very similar to the Marina Blue my '67 Coupe was. I plan on going back with that original color. I did miss speak about all the numbers matching as I did have to replace the rotten frame but was fortunate to find a good '67 rolling frame that came out of Texas, just had surface rust and I spend last summer completely reconditioning it and it's patiently waiting for a drive train & body.

Actually this morning I've been stripping (paint that is), just finishing up the last big area, the drivers side door. Still have the door area on body to do and then I can start on body repairs and then a good cleaning of the top & bottom ... ha ha ... at least that's the plan right now.

If you're interested, here's a link to the thread from when I joined with a few pics of where I was with it ...

Link

Hi. Jcpstrat
Thanks
I will check out the link on your 67 coupe, I really like the coupes they are one of my favourite body styles
Even more so than the converts the back end/window is just done right , the way the body lines are, would love to own and redo one of those also, enjoy the build I will be following along for sure.

image.jpeg
Have not updated for a bit but the 65 did make the wedding glad I got it there as it was like the icing on the cake

Just about have a 65 back on the road after sitting for 38 ish years.
Watched this car as a kid 40 years ago was able to purchase it Nov.,2014 off the same owners
It was painted in the 70s and the paint is so, so but staying for now
Odometer shows 59,000 miles but powertrain had more old thick hard oil caked to it, than I have seen on anything ever.
I did get it running but everything looked to need a rebuild everywhere I looked suspension bushings shot, broken motor mount, rusty battery tray, old front end damage. And so much old oil caked on pretty sure valves covers etc., had to be leaking since 66, ha,ha
But is all numbers matching, so decided to pull the powertrain, which is a 327cid, 350hp version with a four speed. The plan is I want to put some serious miles on the car and then take it all apart and go after a NCRS top flight.
So that being the plan the original powertrain was going under the bench .....and I rebuilt another 327 CID with the same specs, forged 11-1 Pistons,camel bump heads ,intake , I did put a mechanical flat tappet in it thou like the sound, etc, and rebuilt another Muncie 4 speed with centre force clutch and rebuilt the factory rear diff. This way I can drive it like I stole it if the urge arises.
I redid all the rear diff, sand blasted all the suspension parts and installed all new bushings, ball joints, tie rods, shocks, brakes, etc.
Also new fuel tank , radiator and several misc., small items.
I finished the motor, broke it in on the dyno and just installed it all in the car this week.
With lots of help from the guys that work for me we got it all in the car the past week, next week finish hooking things up then installing factory side pipes and knock offs.
Then back on the road after 38 ish years
Still lots to do needs a new carpet, etc,etc., but mechanically should be ready for some miles, plus I have a daughter getting married on May 28th and they want to drive away from the church in it.........so it helped to get this project pushed along or it would still be a pile of parts right now.
I will post some pictures this week.
And Thank you ....... Canadian Corvette Forum for giving us a place to share our passions.

Hats off to an awesome project. It is definitely a labor of love, sweat and tons of money. You are very fortunate to have lots of help. Congratulations on a beautiful car. If I ever get a chance to purchase a C2, that would definitely be the combination I would choose. The white convertible top and side pipes make it, stunning!

Thanks for the wishes and compliments
Would love to see that 63 Grand sport sometime...........
Yes the only way I was ever able to afford I had to learn to build and do myself but to me that's part of it and what I like to do, I like the build

The sense of pride when it's done and cruising down the road is priceless!

Thanks everybody for the nice compliments
Have not posted for a bit sorry for the delay
Got a few miles n it last year, and have been getting some miles on it this year, seems the more I drive it the more I want to drive it.
Heading Drumheller way today to watch a parade and do a little visiting so will get it out and get to go through the gears a bit today.
Hope everybody has a good Canada Day Weekend !!!

Thanks everybody for the nice compliments
Have not posted for a bit sorry for the delay
Got a few miles n it last year, and have been getting some miles on it this year, seems the more I drive it the more I want to drive it.
Heading Drumheller way today to watch a parade and do a little visiting so will get it out and get to go through the gears a bit today.
Hope everybody has a good Canada Day Weekend !!!

Thanks for posting a pic of the 'wedding car'! Your daughter must've been overjoyed it was part of her special day. Have a fab weekend cruising in your beautiful C2... top down I hope! My C1’s going to a Canada Day bbq/picnic - yay!

Franci

Thanks for looking !!! Ya it really made there day....also pushed me to get it together
Thanks and yes did drop the top it was a beautiful day here........C1 ahhh. I love the c1s and looks like your from a beautiful area to enjoy it, hope you a great day with it !!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.