I was told that the gas sold on the Indian reservations here in Southern Ontario have no ethanol in any of the gas grades. True or false, I don`t know. They sell their gas a fair bit cheaper than the rest of the gas stations in the area.

depends on the station keith, most on the rez have ethanol but not where i buy mine. their premium and regular are ethanol free because they have float planes coming in to buy fuel. we tested their regular and it is indeed ethanol free.

Well, this thread has beautifully derailed. :rofl:

Ethanol has a higher octane rating than gasoline at 113, however it has only 80% of the energy of gasoline per unit volume.
As it takes a certain amount of energy to accelerate a vehicle, ethanol has less energy so that is why you use more fuel containing ethanol. (Although, ethanol based fuel at 10% would actually have only 2% less energy than a tank of pure gasoline). Anyway, the one great thing about ethanol, if you build a car that uses E85, you can boost the living crap out of it and make tons of power, it just uses more fuel is all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.