I looked at changing out the ballast in my old fixtures. The mag. ballast cost almost the same as a new fixture. Dont forget you also have to buy new lamps as well.

4000 lumens is brighter than 3000 lumes. Higher the lumens the brighter the light. I' ending up with 48,000 lumens.. will be nice and bright.

Reactions: ddgermann
I looked at changing out the ballast in my old fixtures. The mag. ballast cost almost the same as a new fixture. Dont forget you also have to buy new lamps as well.

4000 lumens is brighter than 3000 lumes. Higher the lumens the brighter the light. I' ending up with 48,000 lumens.. will be nice and bright.

but will that make you any brighter

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING

Jeffy ; - )

It's a Christmas miracle, as I backed out of the garage the sun started shining

Attachments

• 20171220_114628.jpg
    20171220_114628.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
Since I only have the regular light bulb sockets in my garage i used a 300 watt equivalent LED bulb. turned the lights on and holy cow it looks like I tore the roof off the garage.LED's are a great way to go as they are instant on and have a very nivce white light for my "older" eyes.

Very nice. I think I got stuck in less snow than that.:Biggrin:

No kidding Murray.... I backed out of the garage and had a hill of a time getting back in.... I think there could be one snowflake on the road and I would get stuck with those PSS tires.... But damn they hook up when the asphalt is dry and hot....

Removed 6 20 yr. old 8' twin fluorescents and put in regular sockets with 100 w led bulbs couldn't believe the difference A lot brighter and only use 6 X 13 w = 78 W versus 6 X 150 W = 900 W . Above my work bench I have a 3 led bulb light that gives me a ton of light.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
4C7F9012-5319-46FA-9D8F-B1FAE0FDD110.jpeg
Not to be a party pooper, but feel inclined to share something I recently learned. We had our garage door opener and door replaced with a Chamberlain LiftMaster opener. After the installation I replaced both 60 watt bulbs in the opener with 2 100 watt LED’s from Costco as they virtually produce little heat. No extra heat to melt the socket area on the opener and more light sounded good to me! We soon noticed our universal openers in both cars were operating intermittently. When I talked to the installer about the remotes not always working, his first question was do you have LED’s in the garage? He then gave me a paper with “approved” LED’s from the manufacturer. Of course these were not flourescent lights, but thought I’d share.

View attachment 13423 Not to be a party pooper, but feel inclined to share something I recently learned. We had our garage door opener and door replaced with a Chamberlain LiftMaster opener. After the installation I replaced both 60 watt bulbs in the opener with 2 100 watt LED’s from Costco as they virtually produce little heat. No extra heat to melt the socket area on the opener and more light sounded good to me! We soon noticed our universal openers in both cars were operating intermittently. When I talked to the installer about the remotes not always working, his first question was do you have LED’s in the garage? He then gave me a paper with “approved” LED’s from the manufacturer. Of course these were not flourescent lights, but thought I’d share.

Ghold. I took the liberty of rotating your attachment for easier reading.

Eric

lights2.jpg

Thanks GHold, if my remotes start acting up I'll know why! Suspect it may be the cheaper imported led rom China that very more of an issue since they have less shielding

Frustrated with the lack of light in my unheated garage. I have fluorescent lights with a cold start ballast system and frankly they don't work very well at all. Once it starts to cool getting all of them to come on is well just about impossible. None of them actually fully light, the light is dim and "greyish" in colour.

So I wonder what the latest is in garage lighting. I need to make a change but change to just what I do not know. Any suggestions?
Our garage has six light receptacles in the ceiling. As the old fluorescent bulbs burn out , as they do, I replace them with LED bulbs. Nice and bright without the slow fluorescent start up.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.