Dec 20, 2009
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Z51
Hi guys just wanted to know what tiles you are using on your garage floor....I am thinking of putting Racedeck tiles but they are a little pricey(over 5 bucks a piece).....I heard of the tiles Costco sells for half the price but only come in basically one color. Anyone know where you can get racedeck here in Canada :canada: for a good price???.........Epoxy seems the cheapest way to go but takes alot more time

There are many options you can choose from.
Here's what I did for a total cost of $500.00:canada:

P1010957.jpg

P1010963.jpg

Reactions: SUPERC8R
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I too am wondering about RaceDeck or epoxy or another tile system. Your thoughts on pros and cons would be appreciated.

I will check out Carpet Barn / Carpet One in Georgetown

Bring up old threads! This ain't the southern forum.:D

Anyway, I really like the look of the tiled floor and would love to hear more impressions and plan to do this to my garage when I obtain one.

Tile or Epoxy

Talk to Manny about epoxy floors. I think I recall his place having them. Our garage floor isn't perfectly flat so the epoxy might be the better route for us too. The checker board layout does look sharp though.

Talk to Manny about epoxy floors. I think I recall his place having them. Our garage floor isn't perfectly flat so the epoxy might be the better route for us too. The checker board layout does look sharp though.

Yes his is nice and seems quite durable and low maintenance.
He'd be a good source of ease of install, cost, and maintenance/durability.

I did the epoxy route but after a few years of salt it looked like crap. Racedeck is great stuff. It cost me about 1400 to do a 2 car garage, but it always looks great and should last forever. I damaged a tile and they send me some spares at no cost. Great service.

IMG-20120318-00366.jpg

IMG-20120311-00361.jpg

Reactions: 2mnycars
Epoxy been there done that.
I can not get it to stay on the concrete.
Water from the cars in winter take it off.
By the way I am a painter by trade and I ectch it and all the right stuff was done.
I am going with tiles for sure.

Colin,
maybe your druthers have lumps in them so they don't lie
well on the garage floor!! [vbg].

Tony,
welland

How did I miss this from my good buddy in Welland????? Well well well ...... :D

Thank you my good man; You're absolutely right: my druthers are quite lumpy especially around the midsection. I definitely need them to lie a little more flat especially on the garage floor .:rofl: --- It's a work in progress so give it a chance.......:)

Compliments and encouragement are most welcome.:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.