I used the Rust-O-Leum floor epoxy. It was cheap and easy to use. I DO really like the modular tiles but they are too expensive for the budget I had for my garage. So far it's held up well, no flaking or peeling. I love doing oil changes in here now. It's so easy to clean now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349563023140.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349563023140.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I did the epoxy route but after a few years of salt it looked like crap. Racedeck is great stuff. It cost me about 1400 to do a 2 car garage, but it always looks great and should last forever. I damaged a tile and they send me some spares at no cost. Great service.

IMG-20120318-00366.jpg

IMG-20120311-00361.jpg

I really like the drainage tiles that you have under the wheels. Looks sick!:coolgleam:

I have racedeck tiles, but bought them from Bigfloors.com for under half the price of the racedeck site. I had them shipped to the nearest place across the border, picked them up and paid the HST.
2012-05-21183246.jpg
[/IMG]

WINNER!!!!!!!:D

On a separate note, I've seen epoxy at home depot for pretty cheap--gives a polished concrete look to the floor. I like tile better, but not sure how easy it is to install, maintain, or procure. Information on your experiences would be cool. I think it's a cheap addition to your house that can add some pizzaz for resale anyways.

The garage is an often overlooked part of the house when selling. I usually think people that take great care of their garage will inevitably take great care of their house.

What about sand and salt from daily drivers?

:rolleyes: Daily drivers???????? Nothing goes in this garage but that yellow car :nono: If you mean a daily driver from April to Nov, then yes, the car does bring in sand from wet roads, but it sweeps up good.

I use an electrolux floor washer to keep it clean. Spray 9 is what I also use to pick up the caked in dirt.

I'm thinking it is more work to keep the racedeck tiles looking good, than it would be epoxy.

On a separate note, I've seen epoxy at home depot for pretty cheap--gives a polished concrete look to the floor. I like tile better, but not sure how easy it is to install, maintain, or procure. Information on your experiences would be cool. I think it's a cheap addition to your house that can add some pizzaz for resale anyways.

The garage is an often overlooked part of the house when selling. I usually think people that take great care of their garage will inevitably take great care of their house.

The racedeck tiles are very easy to install. They just snap together, and can be taken apart just as easy. I've replaced a tile or 2 from the center of the pattern, and it is easy as pie. There is a 1/16" gap between the tiles so a small flathead screwdriver can be used to pry up an edge.
Maintaining the tile is easy as keeping the dirt swept up, washed once in awhile as any floor.

The downside of these tiles, because they are plastic, is they will score or cut into the tile when a jackstand is used. I use a 1/4" thick piece of board or rubber under the jackstand, and no issues.
I did not use an underlay before putting down my tiles, and when you walk on them, they create an echo. I am going to lift them up, and put some underlay that they use for laminate flooring. I guess this or landscape fabric works good.

Home Depot have industrial tiles that can also be used, but the garage floor must be perfectly level for these to work. The race deck tiles don't require a pefectly level floor.

All in all, I am very pleased with the tiles.
:canada:

I have had my tiles down for three years now. (check page one of this thread),They still look pretty good.
In the summer the Vette is the only vehicle in there. My wife uses her side everyday from Nov to April.
They clean up quite well.
As for work installing them. You need to prep the floor, add the leveling compound, then glue on the tiles. This was my first attempt at laying tile, and stupidly I dit it in 100 degree weather.
If I were to do it again I would use Racedeck. More expensive but easy to install, you can take them when you move and very durable.
Saying that I still love the look of my floor. I have the best Man Cave in the neighborhood.:D :canada:

Last edited:
I have had my tiles down for three years now. (check page one of this thread),They still look pretty good.
In the summer the Vette is the only vehicle in there. My wife uses her side everyday from Nov to April.
They clean up quite well.
As for work installing them. You need to prep the floor, add the leveling compound, then glue on the tiles. This was my first attempt at laying tile, and stupidly I dit it in 100 degree weather.
If I were to do it again I would use Racedeck. More expensive but easy to install, you can take them when you move and very durable.
Saying that I still love the look of my floor. I have the best Man Cave in the neighborhood.:D :canada:

How much were the racedeck tiles? I have an normal-sized double-car garage. Do you need a tile-saw in order to make things even when the walls come? This looks like a really cool DIY project. Of course, I'd have to move my lawn-mower etc out of the garage--I don't have a shed yet......LOL.:eek:

How much were the racedeck tiles? I have an normal-sized double-car garage. Do you need a tile-saw in order to make things even when the walls come? This looks like a really cool DIY project. Of course, I'd have to move my lawn-mower etc out of the garage--I don't have a shed yet......LOL.:eek:

The tiles were $1.99 sq ft. My indoor garage floor space is 21' W x 25' D
It cost me $1050.00 + 22 edge tiles for the transition into the garage. Those were $48.00. The total cost was 1100.00 + HST. I had them shipped from Bigfloors.com to Calais Maine, and I picked them up and paid the HST when I crossed back over into Canada.
I used a circular saw to cut the edge tiles in half. They are plastic tiles, and easy to cut. I have a PDF of the pattern, but I couldn't attach it as it is too big. I can send this to anyone if they PM me their e-mail. The Racedeck.com site has a pattern maker on it's site as well. That way, one can figure easily how many tiles of each that you need to buy.
:driving:

I got a deal on Gladiator tiles from a guy who bought them but never installed them so my cost was very low. They have stood up well for more than 5 years and I like that I was able to do a pattern different from the checkerboard.

Attachments

• IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Love
Reactions: vintageracer
Hi guys just wanted to know what tiles you are using on your garage floor....I am thinking of putting Racedeck tiles but they are a little pricey(over 5 bucks a piece).....I heard of the tiles Costco sells for half the price but only come in basically one color. Anyone know where you can get racedeck here in Canada :canada: for a good price???.........Epoxy seems the cheapest way to go but takes alot more time
Swiss Trax here. Easy installation and never looks dirty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.