DrJer

Jul 23, 2012
Swift Current, Sk
VetteCoins
Car
1997 Coupe
Hey Manny,

After letting the current guys struggle for MONTHS (over a year actually) at my car, I'm obviously getting frustrated.

I'm estimating 825hp crank (14 lbs, 427, 10:1 compression)

We have 80 lbs injectors, stock fuel lines, stock regulator, aeromotive 340 in tank pump, msd voltage booster (not attached atm), 58 lbs static pressure.

At the top end of the wot pull it is losing fuel pressure (5-10lbs ish they tell me) but is still running rich at 11:1

Classic sign the fuel pump isn't big enough? The fuel pressure should keep climbing with a centri blower correct? Need a dual fuel pump system?

Do you estimate dropping static pressure to 40 will help enough? Do I worry as long as the AFR stays fine?

If I put a bigger blower pulley on will it decrease fuel demand enough (and obviously lose power)?

Any advice would be AWESOME!

Jeremy - 306-533-8786 if that is more appropriate.

Hey Manny,

After letting the current guys struggle for MONTHS (over a year actually) at my car, I'm obviously getting frustrated.

I'm estimating 825hp crank (14 lbs, 427, 10:1 compression)

We have 80 lbs injectors, stock fuel lines, stock regulator, aeromotive 340 in tank pump, msd voltage booster (not attached atm), 58 lbs static pressure.

At the top end of the wot pull it is losing fuel pressure (5-10lbs ish they tell me) but is still running rich at 11:1

Classic sign the fuel pump isn't big enough? The fuel pressure should keep climbing with a centri blower correct? Need a dual fuel pump system?

Do you estimate dropping static pressure to 40 will help enough? Do I worry as long as the AFR stays fine?

If I put a bigger blower pulley on will it decrease fuel demand enough (and obviously lose power)?

Any advice would be AWESOME!

Jeremy - 306-533-8786 if that is more appropriate.

very nice talking with you DrJer , I am positive we can make your dream come true . Talk to you early next week :D

I'm trying but need some kinda break to go my way to allow it!!

We only have a month left of driving this year in Saskatchewan... if you're coming here it may be worth the wait. :(

Last edited:
I'm trying but need some kinda break to go my way to allow it!!

We only have a month left of driving this year in Saskatchewan... if you're coming here it may be worth the wait. :(

If were coming it would be for a package deal trip . I will be way from most of my tools and my dyno . Yours is not like the rest . Its not the kind build I would want to get into away from the shop .

Update: The MAP sensor was failing, has been replaced... I had them also put on a bigger blower pulley to drop the boost (it was hitting 15# boost at 4000 rpm)... being checked out again this afternoon.

I'm still trying to get it so I can bring it out to Ontario.

(I'm sure I can find SOMETHING for you to do when/if you come out here Manny! Just off the top of my head... wide body, seats, brake ducts, oil cooler, spoilers, lsd, suspension upgrades...)

It's not a loan, selling the condo instead - PRIORITIES: you can live in your car, but you can't drive your house!

Update: The MAP sensor was failing, has been replaced... I had them also put on a bigger blower pulley to drop the boost (it was hitting 15# boost at 4000 rpm)... being checked out again this afternoon.

I'm still trying to get it so I can bring it out to Ontario.

(I'm sure I can find SOMETHING for you to do when/if you come out here Manny! Just off the top of my head... wide body, seats, brake ducts, oil cooler, spoilers, lsd, suspension upgrades...)

It's not a loan, selling the condo instead - PRIORITIES: you can live in your car, but you can't drive your house!

Thats all stuff that would be better done here , you should just drop it off for the winter :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread