Barn find #1
Casual User
Sep 7, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
1973 coupe
Province
AB
This is on my project 73 L48, The previous owner put on a fuel pressure regulator (that had a Y for 2 fuel inlets on holley). I am underneath the car to replace these rubber hoses, and I need to do something with this blue thing. (Can you tell I dont like it?)

My question to you all is about this tapered pipe thread blue 90 degree piece jammed in there. Shouldn't that be inverted flare fitting? I guess this worked but...

And other question; does this look like the original fuel pump? it seems tall
If there is a picture kicking around as to what this should look like original, I would appreciate to see it.
Thanks,
Bud

existing fuel pump conn 20240128.jpg

Hello venn. I think only one end, at the Carburetor. Take a look at the online vendors for what they look like. I believe they also have a similar piece you mention, just not in blue. Don't know about the fuel pump but forums seem to have complaints about the higher failure rates of new replacements so if the old one works keep it. Take care.

Hello venn. I think only one end, at the Carburetor. Take a look at the online vendors for what they look like. I believe they also have a similar piece you mention, just not in blue. Don't know about the fuel pump but forums seem to have complaints about the higher failure rates of new replacements so if the old one works keep it. Take care.
Thanks for tips. I need one of these to go original
1706745000826.png

Thanks for tips. I need one of these to go original View attachment 119565
I know I am replying to myself, but I put a major error in here, the fuel pump fitting is not 3/8in. NPT. I think it is the next size down, so I would not want anyone to refer to this and get the wrong size. I have to go shopping for the right one now, which I believe is 1/4"NPT.

Reactions: OL Yeller

Users who are viewing this thread