When I bought my 2021 C8, it didn’t come with the license plate bracket. I’ve been waiting since November for that part. I refuse to bend my Vanity plate to install it without the bracket. Luckily so far, no issues. But I will put the plate on once the bracket arrives.

When I bought my 2021 C8, it didn’t come with the license plate bracket. I’ve been waiting since November for that part. I refuse to bend my Vanity plate to install it without the bracket. Luckily so far, no issues. But I will put the plate on once the bracket arrives.
The stock mount rubs the paint on the nose. You might want to consider an aftermarket mount or do what I did above. It uses the stock mounting holes for the stock bracket. Front licence plate hidden...for now!

Hey you guys are all wimps when it come to bending a personal plate. There was no way I was drilling the facia on my 2007 Indy Pace Car so here was the solution. Fold both top and bottom of plate so it will fit into facia opening, two pieces of foam rubber to stop chafing and then retain with two wire ties. The "Ontario" word is hidden in this photo. Even worked with that ugly bra. Next car a 2017 Grand Sport - the minimal bend for the front plate on a C8 appears to be no more radical than this one. Just sacrifice your plate for a neat look and gendarme avoider !

DSCF3953.JPG

Mike Giroux at Erieau - Copy (2).jpg

I just wanted to be able to put the plate cover back on, not sure that can be done if the plate with screws is mounted. Anyone try it?
Why don't you get a removable plate bracket the screws in under the splitter? Then you get the best of both worlds.

Why don't you get a removable plate bracket the screws in under the splitter? Then you get the best of both worlds.
I considered one of those, but I decided I didn't want something hanging there even lower than the splitter. No front lift on mine...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
I think the factory location looks pretty good. Seems most forum members have put their plates in that location that's where I got my idea from. On my C6 GS in 12 yrs I had no front plate never got stopped

when I picked up the car the dealer installed the factory bracket but I did not want that ugly bracket. Did notice it was about 1/2 inch from the bumper so if you went that route it will not touch the bumper.

when I picked up the car the dealer installed the factory bracket but I did not want that ugly bracket. Did notice it was about 1/2 inch from the bumper so if you went that route it will not touch the bumper.
Maybe they fixed it. It was a known issue in 2020 and 21 MY's. About time if they did. We were told it was because some states require it to be at a certain height.

I've never put my front plate on. Owned my car for 2.3 years. If I can afford this car, I can afford a few tickets each year, but as of yet........none!!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.