This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Front End Scrape

No handicap spot in front of your office Eric?
I assume you did that as a joke or it was a Sunday right. I would expect every kind of debris and bodily fluids all over my car if parked like that.
It’s true that no matter how far I park in the back 40 of a parking lot I come out and find some beater parked beside my Vette. Oddly enough this rarely happens with the Hummer. I often thought of attaching a few messed up plastic car body parts under the bumpers of the H1 as it’s about 22 inches off the deck. Just for fun.

No handicap spots Derek. That's my office and all those spots are ours. The company owns three bays wide. I am...errr... was.. the associate manager so no flak over my parking the vette... and that is the way I park in front of my office.
That's hilarious Derek. Maybe attach one of those bloody halloween cut of arms to the H1 as well....

Reactions: ddgermann
Now you just need an a-hole on each end of you and you are screwed Rruff.
Might suggest a little less than 175 degree angle on the diagonal LOL
Nice car
We have a 1 ton Ford Diesel behind the shop. Absolutely sure I can drag any assholes vehicle out of my way .... really....

Reactions: ddgermann
I remember the first time I pulled into the driveway with my '99 - OMG- what was that! my wife exclaimed. Anyhow, it's a problem with every C5 and entering driveways on an angle minimizes the noise for sure. I have a GM VHS tape (anyone remember what those are) delivered with the car when new that explains the hinged air dam and not to get concerned - it's designed to fold back and make noise. With my driveway it's much worse backing in so everyone's experience is different. I looked at those aftermarket skid plates and I think if you need those you definitely have a too steep driveway angle and the air dam is still going to make a lot of noise regardless.

I've gotten better with practice, but sometimes I can't win.
If all the other cars are out, I can make the perfect angle and it's in and out like a dream. If my wife parks too far over, or if my truck is in the third spot, I'm euchred and get a good scrape that I know is full-on rad support.
Going with the fangs!
Parking lots are still a whole different adventure at this point...lots of back 40 parking. The upside is I get to admire the car longer on my long walks back to it

Users who are viewing this thread