Apr 10, 2019
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z06 Corvette
Province
ON
Hi there,
Question for you guys/gals. The Z06 is delivered with front brake cooling ducts and metal wheel blockers. Are the brake cooling ducts installed as part of the PDI? It looks like mine were installed; I have the metal blocker rings in the hatch.
Curious to see what your dealer’s did.

Thanks!

Hi there,
Question for you guys/gals. The Z06 is delivered with front brake cooling ducts and metal wheel blockers. Are the brake cooling ducts installed as part of the PDI? It looks like mine were installed; I have the metal blocker rings in the hatch.
Curious to see what your dealer’s did.

Thanks!

The ducts for mine were in a bag in the car when I took delivery. They are for track use only apparently. I wasn’t aware they came with a non Z07 car but cool you got them. I’ve never installed mine.
The metal wheel blockers I’m not familiar with and there was nothing like that in my car. Do you have a pic of them?

71272A07-844E-4CF0-913E-B3CBEBB15712.gif
71272A07-844E-4CF0-913E-B3CBEBB15712.gif

Reactions: ddgermann
I don't know what you're talking about when you refer to the brake cooling ducts as being installed as part of the PDI especially noting from the factory they describe all the functional cooling ducts that are part of the engineering design, noted all over the car, including the front brakes?

I too received the metal rings separately and were told they were specific for track use, not for cooling but to limit any debris from entering and interfering with the front brake system. Did you notice that you need to remove the calliper and brake rotor to install them?

Mine will be stored and collect dust in some cupboard......that's way too serious driving for me.....ha ha!

• Informative
Reactions: 12cents
Hi Cobra,

Check out this link.....

That is interesting! I too only received the metal rings.......my Dealer also knows how anal I am and they saved me the white factory cover as well as a loose build sheet left on the front passenger seat. I would like to believe that they knowing me, that if there were plastic cooling parts that came with the car that they would have given them to me!

Are you going to follow this with your dealer, if so please let us know what you find out.

Noting that both you and I got exactly the same, nothing more, nothing less I'm comfortable that we're not missing anything!

Peter

Reactions: ddgermann
First two pics are the deflector. Third pic is the mouth of the duct.

I tried to take a pic of the duct in behind the rotor, but it is too dark. However, if you look at the top of your spindle, and view that as 12:00, just counterclockwise at the 11:00pm position you can see the exit of the duct in behind your rotor.

Let me know if you can see these components.

Let me rephrase....would be 11:00 for the driver side front wheel; and 1:00 for the passenger side front wheel. Look st the rear of you rotor through your rim at these positions, and look down in behind your rotor maybe 3/4”. Flashlight 🔦 helps!

Wow, I'm impressed......very professional photos and description......thank you. Well I checked mine....not much clearance between car and floor of garage (ha ha) but mine is exactly the same as your photos.......well that should satisfy both yours and mine worries of something not being installed.....do you think they were installed at the factory.....I'm thinking they were!

Thanks again....much appreciated!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.