May 15, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
2009 C6 coupe
Thought I might try and turn this little adventure of mine to Davenport into something fun to share with everyone. The car is an almost bonestock 09 c6 ls3 a6 with 40k easy kms. Only mod is corsa sport axlebacks that are 2.5".

What am I planning to add.......
airaid1.jpg
C6-05134300LSWC.png
catch-can-v2-061416.jpg

That as well as new plug wires and socks and full dyno tune session. Headers are gonna be ARH 17/8 as well as an ARH catted xpipe. Cai is an airaid 250-230, I believe. (Catch can has to be worth at least 3hp....no???? Cmon lol)

I thought we could all have some fun and guess baseline numbers and tuned numbers.
I am gonna guess baseline: 364hp/362 tq
Tuned:405hp/398 tq
These are my predictions....what are yours. Will post actual results when it gets done in a few days.... have fun.
20170329_151409.jpg

Last edited:
I estimated 358-364hp baseline. Since you chose 364 already, I will go with 358! :p

After install and tune, I'm thinking 394-398hp, with torque of 400 on the button.

Do I get a test drive if I'm right?

Reactions: Tinman
I estimated 358-364hp baseline. Since you chose 364 already, I will go with 358! :p

After install and tune, I'm thinking 394-398hp, with torque of 400 on the button.

Do I get a test drive if I'm right?
No fair... giving a range can't win... close only counts in hand grenades... Tim... hold out for single hp/tq guesses.... But Jordy.... I do agree with the winner getting to test drive.... :Hurray: cause I know I'm closest right now.... :rolleyes:

No fair... giving a range can't win... close only counts in hand grenades... Tim... hold out for single hp/tq guesses.... But Jordy.... I do agree with the winner getting to test drive.... :Hurray: cause I know I'm closest right now.... :rolleyes:

It would appear that you have never been to a dyno before if you think that a car is going to make a single number every time, because it won't. It will vary, and of course he will pick the highest numbers that the dyno shows over three (or more) runs.

But that's fine. I did pick some single numbers there too. I said 358hp baseline, and I will pick 396hp as the tuned number.

It would appear that you have never been to a dyno before if you think that a car is going to make a single number every time, because it won't. It will vary, and of course he will pick the highest numbers that the dyno shows over three (or more) runs.

But that's fine. I did pick some single numbers there too. I said 358hp baseline, and I will pick 396hp as the tuned number.

You are correct Jordy. I have never been to a dyno before. But regardless, I have been to the school of common sense and am also an engineer so I do understand the science behind an engine not making a single exact dyno number every time ....But... that being said, Tim's opening post laid both his baseline and tuned number guess down as single numbers in his game challenge and I just followed suit...If you are correct and your 394 - 398 hits the dyno range ...what was it you said?... over three (or more) runs.... Well... I will definitely be in awe of your expertise and will graciously and instantly concede my chance at that test drive ...:Cheers2:

Do you think he'd let me test drive it with you as a passenger?

I apologize if my post read a bit snarky. I wasn't in a good mood. lol.

The first dyno sheet, and the last dyno sheet will be the numbers. At that point, it's simply seeing who is the winner. it's a lottery, really.

Has anyone else on this forum already done longtubes on an LS3?

Last edited:
lol.... I dunno.... given that you give him a bed and BBQ for him in 25 below weather, I'm thinking you probably have a pretty good "in"...I'm just the lowly guy who sold him an exhaust.... lol.... We can try though.... :Hurray:

Hey, -25 was one of the nicer days this winter! There's nothing better than bbq steak, but don't make it sound like he's my girlfriend. He gets his own room. With a heated bed. lol.

Hey, -25 was one of the nicer days this winter! There's nothing better than bbq steak, but don't make it sound like he's my girlfriend. He gets his own room. With a heated bed. lol.
hmmmm.... Didn't think I had insinuated anything near that... but ok... will be careful in the future... ;);) lol....

Hmmmm..... you have a point Tim.... But keep in mind as the author, you played a part in turning the right thread turn signal on as well....Lets get back on track here....

Ok Everyone.... Since I have played a part in derailing Tim's thread challenge, I will help re-direct it back... His 09 LS3 Auto 6 is in the shop for some perk pills.... here's the scoop and Tim has thrown a friendly game challenge out for who wants to take a guess at what this stock LS3, rated at 430 crank hp will morph into with the proposed mods.... Get your guess in.... HP and Torque at the wheels... scroll back for some of the previous guesses....

Here are Tim's proposed mods and his prediction.... mods in progress as we speak...

"new plug wires and socks and full dyno tune session. Headers are gonna be ARH 17/8 as well as an ARH catted xpipe. Cai is an airaid 250-230, I believe. (Catch can has to be worth at least 3hp....no???? Cmon lol)"

I thought we could all have some fun and guess baseline numbers and tuned numbers.
I am gonna guess baseline: 364hp/362 tq
Tuned:405hp/398 tq

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread