Fred your driving a Corvette, you already have the Police's attention.

A bit on the loud side might be good, as it will keep you off the Loud Pedal unless your out in the sticks..... Might be a good thing for your license.

Congrats on the build. Sounds sweet.

Thanks. I'm very please with the results. If I lived in the sticks I would leave them on.

Fred I have the same set up on my 2008, Manny installed must be 2 years ago. Is loud for sure but I have never been questioned by neigbours or the police. I do drive easy in my neigbourhood but have been stopped by police for other things never the exhaust, One officer even commented on how nice it sounded as they wrote the speeding ticket

I have a single car driveway and my neighbour's house butts right up on it.

Ohhh did I mention she's a provincial court judge? She's a great lady and I get along with very well. I just don;t want to wake her up if I get home late.

Maybe I'll hold on to the extremes until I eventually move out to the country.

Thanks for the update Fred and good to hear people's impressions. If you like the volume, but are just concerned with what the neighbours think. Maybe just ask them. They may be ok with it. If it's too loud for you, then it sounds like the sports would be a good move. Make the car so you are happy with it (and I am sure you are doing this already). Basically I'm just blabbing to say, do what you like and makes you love your car.

Woooooooo! Summer is almost here!

No kidding. I can't wait to get out. I saw a few bikes out today but no vettes yet.

It's what my new Corsa system is Fred ... I didn't want too loud either so the sports are the ones I chose. Speaking of which -- it'll be installed this coming Monday.
I expect mine won't be as loud with the Sports as yours which has the headers, H, and cam . Would love to hear it sometime. LMK when she's done and we'll hook up. tho.

Cheers,
Colin.

I think you'll like the Sports. My car came with them and they sounded great. No drone and had a great sound when downshifting. Though I did want something slightly louder. If I didn't have the other exhaust work done the extremes would have probably been ok.

I'm bringing in my vette into Manny's on tuesday for the exhaust, further tuning, new tires and a battery. I'll be picking up on wed.

They both sound great! I was really close to buying the Extremes or B&B's Bullet or PRT exhaust. They're all loud but sound nice. I went the complete opposite of my initial choices and bought a Magnaflow. It was really throaty, but mellow. It's been woken up with my LG longtubes and cam. I like it a lot more now, but still really wouldn't mind something louder.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Few issues after taking it out today.

After a couple of minutes the "Check steering column lock" popped up. Then the airbag light came on.

I have some sort of air leak. Pulsing sound coming from the passenger side floor. Almost sounds like a fan. Sound is related to RPM and not speed. Exhaust leak?

Overall the car was fantastic. Felt great on the road. Definitely feel those extra HPs.

Cool thread.

My corsa sports with the long tubes sound pretty darn loud too.

The cam would only add more chop, not more decimals, right? I can hear it--especially at idle.

Just wondering in case I ever look at that after a nice win on the felt,...............

I bet those extra ponies feel good!

Too bad about the couple electrical hicupps. Is your battery fully charged?

Not too sure what the air leak is under the floor? Perhaps more wind from more power so going faster? :D

Cool thread.

My corsa sports with the long tubes sound pretty darn loud too.

The cam would only add more chop, not more decimals, right? I can hear it--especially at idle.

Just wondering in case I ever look at that after a nice win on the felt,...............

Manny is putting the Corsa Sports back on today. Though I must admit I was getting used to the Extremes. I'm really glad I did the cam, I highly recommend it.

I bet those extra ponies feel good!

Too bad about the couple electrical hicupps. Is your battery fully charged?

Not too sure what the air leak is under the floor? Perhaps more wind from more power so going faster? :D

Car felt fantastic with the new mods. Really changed the car.

My electrical issues are most likely due to my battery going dead over the winter. Even after charging it and driving it for a while it's not keeping a full charge. It's a 9 year old battery

I've been told that we need the highest CCA battery that we can get for these cars. I keep all my stored batteries on maintainer chargers all winter. These sealed batteries don't seem to bounce back very well after being drained dead, especially if they sit that way for any length of time. Sulfation sets in.

Maybe next year. Need to get used to the 430 rwhp first.

430rwhp is awesome! I'm only at 416rwhp with my C5 Z06. Some days it feels like plenty....and other days it feels like it needs more! I know, sick, right?
You'll love it though. It really is plenty of jam when you need it. Remembering to keep it straight when you get into it is the best advice that I can give you.
What cam did you put in? I'm running an LG G5X3.

Picked up my vette this afternoon from Dasilva's.

I'm VERY pleased with the results. The new michelins non-run flats are much quieter, and really grip the road much more than the originals I had. The added width is a nice touch to. The Corsa Sports are just perfect now. It screams when on the gas but relatively quiet at low RPM (pulling into my driveway). The 1-4 shift is now a thing of the past. I hated that feature.

I didn't have an exhaust leak after all, I just wasn't used to the added interior noise with the new exhaust system. I'm going to look into getting some sound deadening material installed.

I'm anxious to get the coil overs installed.

I'm still grinning from ear to ear. It's a totally different car now. What a Corvette should be.

Manny and his crew really hit it out of the park.

430rwhp is awesome! I'm only at 416rwhp with my C5 Z06. Some days it feels like plenty....and other days it feels like it needs more! I know, sick, right?
You'll love it though. It really is plenty of jam when you need it. Remembering to keep it straight when you get into it is the best advice that I can give you.
What cam did you put in? I'm running an LG G5X3.

Right now 430rwhp feels like plenty of power for me, but I said the same when I first got the stock C6. A month later I was looking for more. I'm sure there's a SC in my future. It is sick!

I believe that's the same cam. Has a great rumble to it. In fact at the Tim's drive thru today and guy walked up to me and said how great it sounded.

Last edited:
Picked up my vette this afternoon from Dasilva's.

I'm VERY pleased with the results. The new michelins non-run flats are much quieter, and really grip the road much more than the originals I had. The added width is a nice touch to. The Corsa Sports are just perfect now. It screams when on the gas but relatively quiet at low RPM (pulling into my driveway). The 1-4 shift is now a thing of the past. I hated that feature.

I didn't have an exhaust leak after all, I just wasn't used to the added interior noise with the new exhaust system. I'm going to look into getting some sound deadening material installed.

I'm anxious to get the coil overs installed.

I'm still grinning from ear to ear. It's a totally different car now. What a Corvette should be.

Manny and his crew really hit it out of the park.

Right now 430rwhp feels like plenty of power for me, but I said the same when I first got the stock C6. A month later I was looking for more. I'm sure there's a SC in my future. It is sick!

I believe that's the same cam. Has a great rumble to it. In fact at the Tim's drive thru today and guy walked up to me and said how great it sounded.

Awesome! So good to hear (no pun intended). Manny and the boys do good work. Sometimes I turn the stereo off just so I can hear the car at idle or even when driving. The cam really does give the car an attitude adjustment.

What did Manny recommend foe coilovers? Just wondering now that Pfadt is out of the picture (unfortunately). That's what I have and although it's a stiffer ride, it's worth the cornering! Keep me (us ) posted on your impressions after you get more seat time.
Cheers!:cool:

Awesome! So good to hear (no pun intended). Manny and the boys do good work. Sometimes I turn the stereo off just so I can hear the car at idle or even when driving. The cam really does give the car an attitude adjustment.

What did Manny recommend foe coilovers? Just wondering now that Pfadt is out of the picture (unfortunately). That's what I have and although it's a stiffer ride, it's worth the cornering! Keep me (us ) posted on your impressions after you get more seat time.
Cheers!:cool:

LG Motorsports :D

CorvetteFred,

Hey be thankful you are just a hop, skip and jump away from Manny's for future work! Some of us send our cars cross country for his talent and it is not as easy to get it back for more work. I would highly recommend a SC in the future, CCO and others would testify that it is a wonderful experience. Nothing beats the sound of it spooling up and then dumping boost when you get off the gas.

I'm hoping next week if the weather stays (flurries tomorrow though!) for my first road trip.

Enjoy the 430, it is just the beginning for you I'm confident!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Which Michelins did you have installed? I have the stock Good Years and they are very noisy now.

Michelin Super Sports, non-runflats. Huge improvement over the originals. Much more grip and much quieter.

CorvetteFred,

Hey be thankful you are just a hop, skip and jump away from Manny's for future work! Some of us send our cars cross country for his talent and it is not as easy to get it back for more work. I would highly recommend a SC in the future, CCO and others would testify that it is a wonderful experience. Nothing beats the sound of it spooling up and then dumping boost when you get off the gas.

I'm hoping next week if the weather stays (flurries tomorrow though!) for my first road trip.

Enjoy the 430, it is just the beginning for you I'm confident!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

I'm very fortunate to be so close. It's nice to be able to drop by any time to ask a few questions, get work done or see some of Manny's projects.

Ordered this week:

-Oracle LED headlight kit
-Oracle LED taillights with sequential harness
-Full interior LED lights (white)
-Front and rear LED side markers
-Hood LED
-Reverse LEDs
-DRL Switchback LEDs
-HID 6000k
-HID fog lights
-Second Skin sound deadening mats

OOO yeah, Fred is going to town...... Nice.
icon14.gif

You waiting for next year for the S/C .. ?:D

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread